Packing Linen pants and shirts

Hi, everyone I just wanted any suggestions on the best way to pack linen pants and shirts in the suitcases. I'm looking for the least wrinkles possible.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

With Linen I would almost bet that rolling them would be the best.

I have 2 pair of linen capris for my upcoming cruise. I'm going to roll them, since I've read that is the best way for space saving and less wrinkles. I'm also going to take some wrinke release - just in case.

We're leaving tomorrow for a Med. cruise. I have rolled my white linen capris and put tissue paper around them.

I have 2 pair of linen capris for my upcoming cruise. I'm going to roll them, since I've read that is the best way for space saving and less wrinkles. I'm also going to take some wrinke release - just in case.

I take a small travel bottle of the wrinkle release too. Then I hang it in the bathroom during a shower if its stubborn with the wrinkle release on it. Tends to do the job.

You're lucky......wish I could wear linen....looks comfy, but it never does me any justice on my big thighs.

I love the look and feel of linen but taking it on vacation always tend to be a hassel...the last two times I've taken linen on a cruise I've eventually had to have the steward take my clothes to be pressed. Even with rolling and tissue paper I've never had good luck with linen not wrinkeling.

when you roll, put those dry cleaner plastic bags in the middle and as you roll, the plastic will keep out most of the wrinkles and if you don't have dry cleaner pastic bag just use any old plastic bag or a clean garbage bag. I gave away all my linen clothes and stop buying them years ago. Too high maintenance.

I love wearing linen on hot, humid days and don't mind the wrinkles. But the packing wrinkles...not so much. I hang my things over a dry cleaner bag, then put a second dry cleaner bag on top of it.

I was once accused (jokingly) by my neighbor in the next cabin of smuggling on an iron.

Hi, everyone I just wanted any suggestions on the best way to pack linen pants and shirts in the suitcases. I'm looking for the least wrinkles possible.

Thanks

I wear lots of pants..One by one I lay the pants across the bottom of my largest suitcase (30 inch) with waist band against one of the short walls and the pant legs across the bottom and up the opposite wall and the rest of the pant legs hanging outside the suitcase. Alternate waistband on opposite sides. Fill the suitcase and at the end just drop the pant legs over the top. No folds, no creases...even linen and silk. Occasionally I need to hang in the bathroom while showering to release an occasional crease. I also bring an empty plant mister and gently mist creases, not too much water (depending on the fabric -- not so good for silk..it might leave a water mark) This is good if I want to wear the pants again to freshen them up. I am VERY fussy about the condition of my clothes. Hope this helps.

Someone on this thread talked about winkle release..Question: does it leave a stain on some fabrics? If so which ones? I never used a wrinkle release.

Thanks

I wear lots of pants..One by one I lay the pants across the bottom of my largest suitcase (30 inch) with waist band against one of the short walls and the pant legs across the bottom and up the opposite wall and the rest of the pant legs hanging outside the suitcase. Alternate waistband on opposite sides. Fill the suitcase and at the end just drop the pant legs over the top. No folds, no creases...even linen and silk. Occasionally I need to hang in the bathroom while showering to release an occasional crease. I also bring an empty plant mister and mist creases (depending on the fabric -- not so good for silk..it might leave a water mark) This is good if I want to wear the pants again to freshen them up. I am VERY fussy about the condition of my clothes. Hope this helps.

I wear lots of pants..One by one I lay the pants across the bottom of my largest suitcase (30 inch) with waist band against one of the short walls and the pant legs across the bottom and up the opposite wall and the rest of the pant legs hanging outside the suitcase. Alternate waistband on opposite sides. Fill the suitcase and at the end just drop the pant legs over the top. No folds, no creases...even linen and silk. Occasionally I need to hang in the bathroom while showering to release an occasional crease. I also bring an empty plant mister and gently mist creases, not too much water (depending on the fabric -- not so good for silk..it might leave a water mark) This is good if I want to wear the pants again to freshen them up. I am VERY fussy about the condition of my clothes. Hope this helps.

Someone on this thread talked about winkle release..Question: does it leave a stain on some fabrics? If so which ones? I never used a wrinkle release.

I think the wrinkle release works best on cottons.......i wouldn't use it on silks or like fabrics. You have to make sure to stand far enough away from the fabric to mist it and not water it down. Then the instructions tell you to gently tug on the fabric in both directions to help pull out the wrinkles. The shower helps to prevent having to tug and stretch the clothes.

We're leaving tomorrow for a Med. cruise. I have rolled my white linen capris and put tissue paper around them.

I use tissue, or the dry cleaner plastic and fold the items as tightly as I can within. I do this with silks as well. Enjoy your cruise.

With my linen skirts (pleated into a waistband), a few packing wrinkles are really unnoticeable anyway, so I don't worry about it. With my husband's shirts, I fold them very neatly and try not to crush the daylights out of them, and then hang them as soon as we arrive. He always looks polished, and I don't mind that linen tends to get a bit rumpled-looking after a few hours of wearing -- it keeps it looking casual and un-fussy, to me. I like making a point of pairing it with more sleek pieces. It adds texture.

I love wearing linen on hot, humid days and don't mind the wrinkles. But the packing wrinkles...not so much. I hang my things over a dry cleaner bag, then put a second dry cleaner bag on top of it.

I love linen in hot weather and wear it almost daily.

I also pack my pants over the hanger. Linen blouses I hang on the hanger and place the arms in front creating a crease when the natural shoulder line is.

I also pack them at the top of the luggage with the evening wear, so they go in last and come out first. I've never needed an iron, they come out fresh and unwrinkled.

• 4 weeks later...

Both me & OH wear quite a lot of linen on holiday, so there is always plenty of it to pack when we go away.

I read somewhere to put all your linen (or whichever clothes you don't want to get creased) in the bottom of the suitcase as "big" as possible (ie just one fold) and then put all your heavy items on top, shoes, books, toiletry bags etc to literally press the clothes & keep them in place. A couple of layers of tissue paper in between helps as well. I've done this for the last few trips & it works well. Unpack them onto hangers ASAP.

Archived