shore excursion

djnj

Our cruise in March 2008 will be going to St. Lucia and have been looking at shore excursions. Has anyone taken the Pirate extravaganza tour. The one on the ship used in making Pirates of the Carribean. Thinking my kids 13 and 8 would love it.

Our cruise in March 2008 will be going to St. Lucia and have been looking at shore excursions. Has anyone taken the Pirate extravaganza tour. The one on the ship used in making Pirates of the Carribean. Thinking my kids 13 and 8 would love it.

I am not sure what you are in to but I have three kids and they loved the tour with Cosol. We spent about an hour and a half snorkeling at Jalousie and it was great. We got to see a lot of the island (my favourite in the entire Caribbean), ate a lot of local food, fresh baked bread and fruit, drank a lot of local rum punch, fruit juice and beer and saw a lot of different sites (volcanoe, tropical gardens, plantations, various fishing villages and so on).

Well worth it!

Rigger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the Prirate Extravaganza 10 days ago. It was definately a party boat but it wasn't too crazy for young children. I would say that it was a rated PG party. Some people got so drunk that they had to be half carried back to the cruise ship. My 22 year old brother in law even got a kiss on the cheek from an drunk elderly woman. There where people of all ages on the ship. Surprisingly the only drunks where a handfull of older people. The atmosphere was festive but not outrages. I'm conservative and yet I would bring my own children on this excursion. No one became obnoxious or used foul language on the ship.

Besides the open bar there were other things to do. You could sight see, steer the ship, or help the crew man the sails. I'm a fan of the movie Pirates Of The Caribbean and so I liked walking around the ship to recognize were different scenes happened from the movie. I was disapointed that the ship didn't look exactly like it did when it played as the "Black Pearl". Therefore I asked a crew member about the differences and he told me that they built a new deck for the movie and then returned the deck to it's current appearence. I'm sure the Black Pearl's pirate crew would of enjoyed the bar in the middle of the deck.

I would not recomend this tour for anyone who has balance issues or have problems walking. When you get to Pigeon Island you have to tender from the Brigg Unicorn in a water taxi. The tender is more slightly harder then a tendering from a cruise ship because the vessels moved more. The crew were very helpful in making sure that no one fell or lost their balance during the tendering process.

I went to the beach at Pigeon Island. The beaches were beautiful. Most people went to the first beach they saw after arriving on the island. If you walk a little farther you will find past the most obvious beach another beach beyond a small rocky devied that is better then the first beach.

I hope this helps. If not I hope it was at least entertaining for my grammer and spelling errors.

Archived