Temptation Tours, Road to Hana, opinions?

COASTERBOB

Aloha all (Emi, Spleen, et al). I am looking for any info about Temptation Tours and the Road to Hana tour. Will they pick you up at the ship (POA)? What is anyones experiences with them? Mahalo, Bob

POA 9/5/2004

I am booked on POA 11/14 & haved checked into a few tour companies about the road to Hana. Most leave too early in the day . Ekahi Tours told me they could meet me at the pier @ 8:15 AM but the ship doesn't dock until 8:00. NCL lets their shore excursion people off first, I fear missing the tour & am just thinking of renting a car. If you find something different let me know.

It's more pricey, but it's also very much your tour...

We're going to use Hana Limousine Tours, which is a strech limo that can be reserved for 2-8 people. Only your group goes, you tell them what you'd like to see, and they stop when you want them to. Full bar service, lunch in Hana.

My sister-in-law runs a limo company here on the mainland, and she recommended them to us. They're picking us up at the pier at 9AM, back around 4PM. No herding or rushing!

Coasterbob,

We are also on the POA 9/5 and if you need another couple to share tour to lower price or for the company let me know. I am looking for ideas and recommendations as well.

Greg

About 10 years ago when we were staying on Maui we had a rental car. I don't remember which company. But they made you sign a statement that you would not take the car to Hana. You may want to check that our before renting a car.

Coaster Bob,

Are you sure you want to go to Hana? It must be an all day tour. We drove it a few years ago and it was totally agonizing! If the trip were perhaps half as long, maybe it would be tolerable. I just don't see it as a must do kind of activity and arriving in Hana is a bit of a let down. I know, I know, to each his own but I wish someone had warned before I wasted a whole day getting carsick!

Archived