Balcony coverage of Solstice Aqua class forward cabins

chamima

Do the forward cabins in Aqua class on the Solstice have ANY coverage or are they totally open to the elements?

I know people write that they love the sun they get on these balconies but in case it rains, is there any protection?

I'm referring to cabins forward of 1552.

I tried searching through old photos and descriptions but can't find the answer to my question, so thanks!

Those cabins do not have any overhang and get sun exposure depending on the time of day and side of the ship obviously.

Check out the S class cabin spreadsheet for info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33359009&postcount=1580

I'm mostly worried about rain. I've read the spreadsheets and looked at pictures and there appears to be a small roof over the balcony

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=89&pid=2200#top_display_media

Does that allow you to sit on the balcony if it's raining?

(We are experienced Princess cruisers and I know their ships backwards and forwards but am still familiarizing myself with Celebrity. )

I'm mostly worried about rain. I've read the spreadsheets and looked at pictures and there appears to be a small roof over the balcony

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=89&pid=2200#top_display_media

Does that allow you to sit on the balcony if it's raining?

(We are experienced Princess cruisers and I know their ships backwards and forwards but am still familiarizing myself with Celebrity. )

Don't worry; the entire balcony is covered. The roof on these forward cabins extends up to the balcony railing. Farther aft, the overhang extends farther out, considerably past the balconies.

Don't worry; the entire balcony is covered. The roof on these forward cabins extends up to the balcony railing. Farther aft, the overhang extends farther out, considerably past the balconies.

Thank you!!!!!

(For anyone familiar with Princess, what I was worried about was getting a cabin like those on Dolphin deck on the Grand class ships where the balcony is uncovered and totally open to the elements.)

Thank you!!!!!

(For anyone familiar with Princess, what I was worried about was getting a cabin like those on Dolphin deck on the Grand class ships where the balcony is uncovered and totally open to the elements.)

You will be protected from the rain. An advantage of these rooms is that your view is totally open in all directions with no obstructions. There are no lifeboats below, so you can also look down to the water. It IS a fair distance to the aft part of the ship, but the forward elevators are close by. But do check what is above you; people complain that it can get noisy under the treadmills in the gym. We were in 1531, under the acupuncture room and it was very quiet. And while we were high up and forward, we never felt any more motion than anywhere else on the ship. Enjoy your cruise!

You will be protected from the rain. An advantage of these rooms is that your view is totally open in all directions with no obstructions. There are no lifeboats below, so you can also look down to the water. It IS a fair distance to the aft part of the ship, but the forward elevators are close by. But do check what is above you; people complain that it can get noisy under the treadmills in the gym. We were in 1531, under the acupuncture room and it was very quiet. And while we were high up and forward, we never felt any more motion than anywhere else on the ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

It's cabin 1548 on the Solstice and from the librarylady's list (the cabin sticky) it's very quiet. I think it's under a retail space in the spa.

It's probably good that it's a long walk to eat. ;)

Archived