Ashdod to Jerusalem

MrALO

I will be in Ashdod in October on Celebrity's Silhouette. Can anyone tell me if Celebrity provides shuttle buses from the ship to the gate so I can get a taxi to Jerusalem.

There definitely should be a shuttle from the ship to the bus/taxi stand. I think it goes at least every half hour.

I will be on the Silhouette in Sept., also have questions about Ashdod port. Can I get on/off ship 24 hours day, and does the shuttle run all night as well? I will be in Ashdod for 2.5 days and was thinking of renting a car for that period. Will there be a place in Ashdod to park the car overnight?

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be on the Silhouette in Sept., also have questions about Ashdod port. Can I get on/off ship 24 hours day, and does the shuttle run all night as well? I will be in Ashdod for 2.5 days and was thinking of renting a car for that period. Will there be a place in Ashdod to park the car overnight?

Did you get answers?? Did you rent a car how was it. I'm thinking if doing the same and wondering about same things you were asking here. I'm going in October.

If you are looking for a taxi from Ashdod to Jerusalem here is some updated information.

I spoke to a taxi driver from SEA MALL TAXIS which is authorized to enter the port and get to the ships. He suggests allocating about 2 hours plus including passport control and port security. The cost to Jerusalem is 350 NIS which today is about $95

The taxi stand telephone number is 972-8-8540540 from abroad or 08-8540540 in Israel or *5533. His name is Nissim and his cell is 054-7376601.

You can also arrange for a return trip back to the ship

I was on the 22 August Silhouette that didn't dock in Ashdod as planned, but spent 4 days in Haifa. As this was a last minute itinerary change, we were given the information about the Ashdod port procedures. The daily paper indicated that Celebrity would offer a free shuttle from dock to port entrance, beginning at 0800 and ending, if I remember correctly, at 2130. The ship was also planning to offer a shuttle to the center of Ashdod, with a cost of $16 (round trip, I think), where the car rental agencies are located. For parking, contact the rental car office.

I was on the 22 August Silhouette that didn't dock in Ashdod as planned, but spent 4 days in Haifa. As this was a last minute itinerary change, we were given the information about the Ashdod port procedures. The daily paper indicated that Celebrity would offer a free shuttle from dock to port entrance, beginning at 0800 and ending, if I remember correctly, at 2130. The ship was also planning to offer a shuttle to the center of Ashdod, with a cost of $16 (round trip, I think), where the car rental agencies are located. For parking, contact the rental car office.

Many of the cruise lines are watching events in Israel daily and may cancel Ashdod. Between the UN/Palestinian statehood issue and increasing tensions between Israel and Egypt, make contingency plans in case the ship skips Ashdod.

Archived