Getting to the Ship from the airport?

KROME1380

What is the best way to get to the cruise from the airport. I will be at Ft. Laurderdale airport and wanted to know whats the best way to get to the cruise ship (Caribbean Princess May 7th) Do taxis charge a flat rate? I may have a transfer from my TA but dont know if a taxi would be cheaper. My TA is charging an addtional $40...Does that sound about right? If not please let me know of the best way and rate.

Most definately a cab. I find the cruiseline transfers are expensive and take alot of time. They generally won't leave for the pier til the bus is full. The airport is close to the pier and cab fare shouldn't run you more than $15 plus tip. Be sure to ask the cab driver before you get in the cab how much to the cruise port, just so you know.

Enjoy your cruise.

Best part about a cab, you can ask him to stop at a drug or grocery store so you can pick up some last minute stuff, like bottled water or soda, etc. Still will be under $20 for the carload, and you don't have to wait for a bus to fill up!

Cabs are easy to get, no waiting. Cost us $12.00. From Southwest terminal you can see cruise ships, that's how close you are. Have your ID & cruise tickets out, as they will stop your cab as you enter terminal area & check to make sure you are taking a cruise & belong in the area. Security first!

Archived