Any Beaches in Limon?

RaMar

My DW keeps asking me this same question each time she sees an ad or hears about some beach in Costa Rica being nice....

As of now we're planning to do a jungle tram excursion, but if DW keeps asking, it means she wants to go to a beach so....we'll be looking for a beach. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise and we went to Playa Bonita in Costa Rica. Not far from the pier, they have a restaurant/bar, and the ocean was wonderful. The water was clean and warm. Had a great time!

We just got back from our cruise and we went to Playa Bonita in Costa Rica. Not far from the pier, they have a restaurant/bar, and the ocean was wonderful. The water was clean and warm. Had a great time!

RaMar,

We just got back also and after both Carnival tours we wanted were sold out, we just got off the ship with plans to join a Charlie Soto tour based on all the recommendations here and on board. We REALLY lucked out and got Charlie Soto himself as our tour guide. Not only did we save a ton of money by not going on a Carnival tour, we also got to see and do a lot more than we would have with a large group. Chalie took us to the rain forest where we saw monkeys in trees, held monkeys, held sloths and saw thousands of species of plants we'd never seen. Then he took us to a banana plantation and gave us a tour, then on a rain forest boat ride with crocs right alongside the boat, then to Bonita Beach for a great meal and beach scenery. He then took us high on a mountain overlooking the port then he took us shoping and then back to the pier.

I'll be posting a review shortly with picture links etc of our tour with Charlie Soto.

• 2 weeks later...

less than an hour out of Puerto Limon. we hired Euvangie's Tours to take us there. turned out to have the best swimming beach of our entire cruise -- devoid of tourist trappings like rental umbrellas and chairs, just soft sand and smooth-bottomed swimming water. this was about 20 minutes' nature walk from the Playa Blanca entrance to the park. be sure to swim in the area flagged as safe for swimming. marvelous -- TR

• 1 month later...
In my opinion, the beaches on the Atlantic side are not anywhere as nice as the Pacific beaches.

I agree with this. Puerto Limon is a stop better used for other activities than beach going, and I am the ultimate beach-goer!

There are many opportunites to visit jungle sites, canals, zip lines, etc., that the time in this port would be better spent on. (IMHO-:D )

Beth

Could you give me contact infor for Charles Soto what you did sounds great. Or do we just pick him up at the pier. I'm a little scared of independent tours what if the truck breaks down??? anyway if you could send the info that would be great thanks.

Archived