Premium Balcony

Sandpiper10

Looking to book a "premium balcony" on the Pride. It's right beside the elevator. All cabins are 185 sq ft, but i understand these are 235 sq. ft. plus the balcony is 85 sq. ft instead of 40 sq ft. Has anyone ever stayed in 1 before? If you did, would you recommend it being so close to the elevator or have any pictures of it?

thanks in advance!

we have stayed in 7258/8232 and 6232 on this class of ship. These cabins are 8K. (but listed under the premium categories The balconys is super large compared to the 9A/B you may be asking about.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

these are located right next to the cabin stewards cabin-- and some report back this is noisy--but we never expereinced noise from that area.

Very convenient to the elevators--quick access to the buffet area for that morning coffee.

the other cabins like 7303? these are bigger cabins

This is 8237 on the Miracle.

LOVED IT !

Great location, right at the stairs to the back of Lido.

We did get some noise from the Pizza being directly above us, but it was just fine.

2755315900100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

2840382140100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

2479179100100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

2010918730100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

GO FOR IT ! ....

thank you both for your quick responses.....booking tomorrow! Your help is appreciated!

I'm looking to book 7301, so looks like the pictures are exactly the room we'd have!

We are used to the 214 sq ft rooms oceanview on the Destiny, couldn't imagine a 185sq ft room, so i think for a family of 4, this is the way to go!!!

1st time with a balcony!!!!

Was in #7258 and will be in #7260 on the Pride in Sept. in modified HC due to health problems. I loved it!! Balcony is amazing and area was very quiet. The only down side is that after having a huge balcony, even an extended balcony doesn't seem so exciting. LOL !!

we ended up booking 6279 last night. I've done alot of research and it seems people are extremely happy with these rooms. We have always stayed in ocean views, so this will be a huge upgrade for us. Hoping that we dont get to spoiled, but from the pictures posted above, we definately will :D

This is the BEST room!! We just cruised in stateroom 8235 aboard the Spirit and it was a wonderful room. The next best thing to an aft wrap!! You will love it.

Wow, not sure why I never realized those cabins were so huge. We're booked in an ocean suite (8266) on the Pride in July...is 8235 the same size or bigger? What about the balcony? Wow, I do like the VIP embarkation / debarkation, but depending on the price difference I may have liked 8235 better. :-(

we ended up booking 6279 last night. I've done alot of research and it seems people are extremely happy with these rooms. We have always stayed in ocean views, so this will be a huge upgrade for us. Hoping that we dont get to spoiled, but from the pictures posted above, we definately will :D

You will LOVE it !

You will have a lifeboat just under your balcony.

But this is how close you will be to the stairs and elevators...

2245799290100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

Yup, a few flights up to the back of the Lido, a few flights down to Dinner.

You will love the extra closet space and there are also lights inside the closets that go on when you slide open the door !

Plus the room should have halogen lights on dimmers... which are way too cool.

2752241320100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

Wow, not sure why I never realized those cabins were so huge. We're booked in an ocean suite (8266) on the Pride in July...is 8235 the same size or bigger? What about the balcony? Wow, I do like the VIP embarkation / debarkation, but depending on the price difference I may have liked 8235 better. :-(

The suite is a little larger, plus you get a whole extra set of closets. There is a separate dressing room with closets and a vanity. The bathroom has double sinks and a full siza jacuzzi tub/shower. The balcony is probably the same size as the Premium. Those are the differences between the suites and the Premiums, along with the VIP boarding, so you can decide if the other things are worth the price;)

OP, we like to get the "bowling alley" balconies which are in the same place, but on the other side of the ship. We don't have any issues with noise from the elevators. Enjoy!

Campdaan..... your pictures are amazing and have answered all my questions and have gotten me even more excited about this cruise.Thank you so much. Love the shot from the steps, however I'll be using the elevator, however the steps would be a great way to work off all the ice cream and warm melting chocolate cake .... haha!! The room is tucked in so nicely behind the elevators and steps. 286 daya until we sail.....ugh: (

Campdaan..... your pictures are amazing and have answered all my questions and have gotten me even more excited about this cruise.Thank you so much. Love the shot from the steps, however I'll be using the elevator, however the steps would be a great way to work off all the ice cream and warm melting chocolate cake .... haha!! The room is tucked in so nicely behind the elevators and steps. 286 daya until we sail.....ugh: (

I did a review with tons of pics here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1596761

I still have to finish it :rolleyes:

Enjoy your Cruise !

Maybe you will be inspired to post a review with pics too :D

I did a review with tons of pics here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1596761

I still have to finish it :rolleyes:

Enjoy your Cruise !

Maybe you will be inspired to post a review with pics too :D

Just read your review....loved it, but can't wait to read the rest when you finish it. :) Your pictures are great. Bet i can run up the steps to the omlette station quicker than the elevators can get me there :D

The suite is a little larger, plus you get a whole extra set of closets. There is a separate dressing room with closets and a vanity. The bathroom has double sinks and a full siza jacuzzi tub/shower. The balcony is probably the same size as the Premium. Those are the differences between the suites and the Premiums, along with the VIP boarding, so you can decide if the other things are worth the price;)

Hmm, yeah, I guess I'll stick with the suite! LOL Thanks!

Cantwaittocruise12,

We're in 8266 in sept. hope you post some pics and let us know how you like it.

I will try to remember to look this thread back up...if you don't hear from me by mid-July feel free to PM me! I'll be sure to take lots of pics :-)

• 5 months later...

6279 is an AWESOME room! Very quiet...great location from lido and dining room (3 flights up or down). My husband and I loved the room. Balcony was GREAT!

we have stayed in 7258/8232 and 6232 on this class of ship. These cabins are 8K. (but listed under the premium categories The balconys is super large compared to the 9A/B you may be asking about.

these are located right next to the cabin stewards cabin-- and some report back this is noisy--but we never expereinced noise from that area.

Very convenient to the elevators--quick access to the buffet area for that morning coffee.

the other cabins like 7303? these are bigger cabins[/quote

Just wondering, cuz i'm kinda slow, but what category would that pic fall under for the Destiny?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in 6279 in May 2011 and are booked in it for our December sailing. It is a nice, quiet roomy room. The balcony is wonderful and yes the overhang shaded the sun. It is directly (3 decks I think) below the Pizza station at the Lido. Handy for the kids to go up and get a pizza snack. Despite being next to the elevators we never heard any noise from the elevator or people getting on/off. Lots of room to move around in this cabin.

the other cabins like 7303? these are bigger cabins[/quote

Just wondering, cuz i'm kinda slow, but what category would that pic fall under for the Destiny?

Thanks

these type of cabins are only on the Carnival spirit class ships.

Keith, We stayed in 6279 in May of 2011. Two adults, a 16 yo and an 11 year old and we had plenty of room to move around. We each unpacked our suitcases and put our stuff on the shelves in the closet then put the suitcases under the bed. We liked it so much we booked it again for our trip in December. You'll love this cabin.

We had 8232 on the miracle last summer. It was a typical balcony room, with the extra deep balcony that was 3 cabins wide! We had two chairs, table, two loungers, and smaller table. It was awesome and we would choose another 8k the next time we sail carnival for sure.

Book it if you can! Be sure it is not handicap, and rated for two, to avoid being bumped... Some 8k are rated for more than 2 people... Handicap...no explanation needed...

Enjoy!

Archived