Barrel charms

tarheelmjfan

Okay, I'll admit that I'm not really up on the latest jewelry fads. I pretty much only wear gold necklaces & earrings. I wear the same rings everyday & never more. On our cruise in June, I realized that my jewelry is really boring compared to what I saw others wearing. That said, my MIL bought me a 14k barrel charm a couple years ago. I didn't really like it, but my niece who is all about the "in" thing loved it. Now that I've decided to try to expand my jewelry collection, I'm wondering if my barrel charm is still in style. :o I should probably wear it at least a couple times, but not if it's terribly dated. I'm also planning to look for some costume jewelry. I always thought it looked cheap, but some of the ladies on formal night looked very glamorous with their costume jewelry. :) Thanks for your advice. It's great that you guys are here for those of us who aren't really into shopping & keeping up with the latest fashions. :)

I've always thought that simple gold jewelry was timeless. A pair of gold hoops is always "in" in my opinion as is a simple gold necklace.

Of course there are fashion trends. Pearls come and go, but again I consider a pearl necklace a timeless piece of jewelry.

I think costume jewelry is more "trend" oriented.

Pearl studs have been another piece I consider timeless, maybe not trendy, but elegant. As diamond studs, timeless and tasteful.

Timeless jewery never goes out of style, that's a fact. I used to work in sales in very upscale jewelry salon, rings cost more than most cars. Never buy small stones, buy very good quality. I love jewelry, anyway, do you take your good stuff? I do not know now what to do, have lots of jewelry from working at the great salon, my Mom passing, and a generous husband, I always feel like it is safer on your body, but I will put some in our SD Box. I have never found a pair of wedding ring real good hoops, if you know where tell me. Thanks, Nancy

Timeless jewery never goes out of style, that's a fact. I used to work in sales in very upscale jewelry salon, rings cost more than most cars. Never buy small stones, buy very good quality. I love jewelry, anyway, do you take your good stuff? I do not know now what to do, have lots of jewelry from working at the great salon, my Mom passing, and a generous husband, I always feel like it is safer on your body, but I will put some in our SD Box. I have never found a pair of wedding ring real good hoops, if you know where tell me. Thanks, Nancy

Hi Nancy

I found a great pair of Eterna Gold wedding band hoops at QVC.com. And they were not expensive!!! As far as the SD box, yes, I have some put there because living in Fl. we never know if there's going to be a 'cane while we're on a cruise! But the "good" stuff always comes with me. And I bring a lot of jewelry because I love the pieces and change them quite often. I don't wear a lot at a time, but I always have earrings, rings, a necklace and a bracelet on.

Esther

I love good costume jewelry. We have a couple of boutiques here that sell the most yummy earring, pendents, etc. I especially enjoy it because I don't have to worry about losing it or having it stolen while cruising. Sorry but I don't know what a barrel charm is. I am wondering if it is the balls with the hole for the chain to slip through?

I have a gold plumeria barrel charm that I wear every day on a gold chain. I've worn it for 10 years and get constant compliments on it. I think it's very much in style to wear it. The funny thing is my goddaughter cut her first tooth on the barrel charm I wear...

I wasn't sure what a barrel charm was either...but I found a photo of one on the Internet:

http://www.abcstores.com/browse.cfm/4,201.htm

Besides the gold, I found some with semi-precious stones...I also found some "wine barrel charms" which were, um...interesting to say the least.

But I believe the link shows a photo of what the OP was discussing. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

~e

Thanks for all your comments. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who only wears gold. I also like emerald jewelry, which is my birthstone. I do plan to buy more costume jewelry for my upcoming cruise though. Mrs. Red is correct. The link she provided is what I'm referring to. Mine has a diamond cut.

I didn't know what a barrel charm was either and when i looked it up I got all these wine pbarrel charms like "pig in a wine barrel" etc. and was thinking umm that's kinda ugly lol :D. The one pictured in the link makes much more sense.

Wedding band hoops have the shape and width of a classic gold wedding band, and range from 1 to 1 and a half inches. I have some in silver, had some fake gold monet but have looked for years for the real thing. Even working in a jewlery store they were not available to order. Thanks so much. Will check out QVC. Did you get them recently? I'll report back tomorrow.

Ordered them, had to set up an account. They said they are on back order, took my cc number and will ship within 45 days if they are able. Thanks, I really want those, a timeless, classic. I wish they could come before our cruise in two weeks. Thanks again for the tip. Nancy

Ordered them, had to set up an account. They said they are on back order, took my cc number and will ship within 45 days if they are able. Thanks, I really want those, a timeless, classic. I wish they could come before our cruise in two weeks. Thanks again for the tip. Nancy

Nancy

Glad to help. If you type in 14k gold hoops in the search box on their homepage, you will be able to pull up 10 or so pages of gold hoops. Perhaps there's a pair there that you like better that may not be on back order. Good luck.

Esther

Archived