Drink Prices in 2012 v. Package Spreadsheet of 2010

jtsbusiness

Has anybody been on Celebrity recently that has compared the alcoholic beverages to the wonderful spreadsheet produced in the premium/classic package thread.

I just wonder whether you still have the selection of cocktails listed under $8 and can get a reasonable selection of wines and beers.

As this spreadsheet was produced in 2010 I would be surprised if prices have not gone up and therefore maybe makes the drinks package even more adviseable:)

Going on a cruise in next 4 weeks and am still just bordering on the margin as to whether to go for the classic package or not. I keep putting in drinks and then taking them out again, wondering whether I would just drink for the sake of it, or whether I would just enjoy being able to drink whatever I wanted

Decisions, decisions:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Hi. We were on the Silhouette in December and we took the classic package and LOVED it. We are not big martini drinkers mostly drink beer and wine and it worked out great for us. We also drank some mixed drinks(margaritias and bloody marys) We definitely drank more than we would have however. We also loved the non alcoholic offerings like bottled water, soda , fresh squeezed oj, cappucino etc. which made it worthwhile. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Thank you Goldfish for your prompt answer

My son enjoys a good beer but being from the UK he likes strong beer. Is it possible to get that on a classic package?

We are not big drinkers, but usually I enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and my son enjoys wine and beer. We both like Gin and Tonics but did not see gin on the spreadsheet! On other cruises I loved experimenting with their cocktails and found that soon added up on the bill!

I am beginning to think the classic package will work for us.

Thanks, I had seen that thread and found that a lot of beers and wines have been moved over the Classic threshold. I was wondering whether people were being offered reasonable alternatives or whether the Classic Alcohol package was becoming outdated/out priced:confused:

Go to X website to view the offerings. May I suggest that you go onboard and spend the first day or two on your dime to see how much you are spending. Then you can decide to purchase a pkg or not and X will prorate the cost for the remainder of the cruise.

My wife only had 2 alcohol drinks per day but consumed a lot of coffe drinks, bottled water, fresh juice, and virgin drinks daily and still made out on the Classic. Also European cruises tend to be port intensive with only a couple or three sea days so keep that I'm mind.

Go to X website to view the offerings. May I suggest that you go onboard and spend the first day or two on your dime to see how much you are spending. Then you can decide to purchase a pkg or not and X will prorate the cost for the remainder of the cruise.

My wife only had 2 alcohol drinks per day but consumed a lot of coffe drinks, bottled water, fresh juice, and virgin drinks daily and still made out on the Classic. Also European cruises tend to be port intensive with only a couple or three sea days so keep that I'm mind.

This is why I'm thinking of only getting the premium non alcohol package. I will have alot of non alcohol- but probably only 2-3 cocktails a day. $18 dollars a day vs $54. I don't think I'd spend $36 on the three, especially with port days.

Friends we sailed with in January had the Classic Package and it worked well for them. They drank Jack, or Captain Morgan mixed drinks and lighter commercial beers primarily. They also took advantage of the water and other items and felt it was a good deal

I kept an eye on what I was spending on that 14 day trip and knowing that I like upper level scotch and wines, Mochas and Cappacinos, as well as fuller flavored Beers the Premium Package was close to a break even proposition. Celebrity offered a 10% Discount a couple months back so I jumped on it for our 12 day Silhouette Cruise starting next week.

One concern is I want to try NOT TO TRY to get my moneys worth if you know what I mean:-)

This might help some. Buy a bev pkg, you will love them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571274

This post in specific for the excel spreadsheet:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32407998&postcount=7

And while I can't claim to have double checked EVERY price between the spreadsheet and the current menus for drinks, where I did check they are the same or close, so I think for estimating purposes the sheet is still valid ; -)

• 7 months later...

Archived