Cloud UK questions

BearJT

My wife and I are going on the UK cruise next month and we were interested in any impressions on the Cloud and the trips shore trips.

Quite frankly, most of the trips are rather uninteresting. We've seen distilleries, been hiking in the Highlands, seen Kirks, etc. We're going to Kirkwall and not going to Scapa Flow! Well I am, by cab.

So, besides any impressions on the shore excursions, what about the ship?

1. Do people wear black tie on the black tie nights, or am I going to stick out?

2. Is the food really Relais Gourmond quality?

3. Is there a lot of activities on board or should we bring lots of books?

We have a number of friends who rave about Silversea, none of whom have been on the Cloud or this trip.

Thanks in advance,

Bear

My wife and I are going on the UK cruise next month and we were interested in any impressions on the Cloud and the trips shore trips.

Quite frankly, most of the trips are rather uninteresting. We've seen distilleries, been hiking in the Highlands, seen Kirks, etc. We're going to Kirkwall and not going to Scapa Flow! Well I am, by cab.

So, besides any impressions on the shore excursions, what about the ship?

1. Do people wear black tie on the black tie nights, or am I going to stick out?

2. Is the food really Relais Gourmond quality?

3. Is there a lot of activities on board or should we bring lots of books?

We have a number of friends who rave about Silversea, none of whom have been on the Cloud or this trip.

Thanks in advance,

Bear

I,for one like the Cloud,and am happy to cruise on her.We are on the Wind this year,but that is because of the dates and itinerary.And..we book a Vista Suite..no balcony,but that is our choice.My DH did not wear a tux nor I a fancy dress. As a matter of fact I wore the tux,and he wore a nice suit and did not feel out of place at all.Same for this upcoming cruise.One can pack and carry just so much luggage these days.We had no complaints about the food and found the meals to be very nice.,very well done and delious.Relais Gourmand I don't know if I would go that far,but good enough.Activities..not really as far as being entertained all the time..actually limitied,but that was fine for us.Since the cruises can be port intensive it is nice to just relax especially on a sea day.If you do not like the tours or they do not meet your expectations I am sure,as you have done, find something on your own. A lot of the pax do anyway.I am sure you will enjoy your cruise,but that is up to you in the end.I hope you do.

Karen,

We're "people" people and tend to make our own fun. ;)

We actually have been to almost half of the ports, not on a cruise, and know where we will go unsupervised.

We know one of the chefs who makes an occasional trip as the "Guest Chef" and he says that they have to maintain the required quality or lose the affiliation. It's probably more the service level than the actual preparation.

Thanks for the reply.

Archived