Boarding Celebrity Solstice

Boarded Solstice today at about 3 pm. Fantastic service, no queue and on in about 15 minutes. Such an improvement from the Dec 9 experience!

Thanks for the boarding advice, we board Solstice on 4 March at OPT. Although according to our ticket we can board anytime as Concierge, Deck 10, we won't be getting to OPT until around 3pm, like you.

We have a fair drive up then a train ride, I mean who wants to get up at dawn? I like to ease myself into a cruise.

Enjoy your cruise on Celebrity Solstice !

PS.. 'Were the Celebrity Alcohol Police vigliant at the gangway, enforcing the two bottle of wine per cabin policy?'

In Melbourne today - very well organised with a table set up selling myki cards for the tram and lots of Melbourne info guides on hand. Very impressed.

how much are the myki cards for seniors....i found a link and here's the prices

any melbourne people know how many zones from port melbourne into flinders st station

http://www.myki.com.au/Fares/Metro-fares

how much are the myki cards for seniors....i found a link and here's the prices

any melbourne people know how many zones from port melbourne into flinders st station

http://www.myki.com.au/Fares/Metro-fares

It's all zone 1.

Pretty much anywhere your likely to go is Zone 1 ( zone 1 usually extended out to about 15 klms from the CBD).

Zone 2 is the middle to outer suburbs (there used to be a Zone 3 but it was abolished)

In Melbourne today - very well organised with a table set up selling myki cards for the tram and lots of Melbourne info guides on hand. Very impressed.

I was actually up this morning at 5.30-6am and it was still dark (couldn't sleep) and I went out onto my balcony and I could see her sailing just off shore at Elwood and thought 'she's slightly ahead of time'. Looked great lit up.

Going to wait until she leaves at 7pm tonight and go down to the beach and take some photos of here.......

She must have slowed down a lot last night because when I checked at midnight on the marine radar she was between Wilson's Prom and Westernport bay. Then at around 1.30-2am I checked again (yup bad sleep again) and she was just entering Port Phillip Heads with the Spirit of Tasmania ferry just ahead of her and thgt she will have to slow right down or she will reach Station Pier before any wharfie is there...

PS.. 'Were the Celebrity Alcohol Police vigliant at the gangway, enforcing the two bottle of wine per cabin policy?'

We were on the solstice in November & took extra bottles onboard as we wanted to bring them back to Australia rather than drink them onboard so we expected them to be taken off us which was fine with us but we got through with 4 bottles between the two of us - all of whch we gave to the cabin stewards before we left!!

I was actually up this morning at 5.30-6am and it was still dark (couldn't sleep) and I went out onto my balcony and I could see her sailing just off shore at Elwood and thought 'she's slightly ahead of time'. Looked great lit up.

Going to wait until she leaves at 7pm tonight and go down to the beach and take some photos of here.......

She must have slowed down a lot last night because when I checked at midnight on the marine radar she was between Wilson's Prom and Westernport bay. Then at around 1.30-2am I checked again (yup bad sleep again) and she was just entering Port Phillip Heads with the Spirit of Tasmania ferry just ahead of her and thgt she will have to slow right down or she will reach Station Pier before any wharfie is there...

I'll wave to you as we leave. Melbourne put on some nice weather after a chilly start :)

Fortunately they wised up. Just a month or two back they weren't planning to do anything special. Must have had a few 'suggestions' and someone saw the light!

I'll wave to you as we leave. Melbourne put on some nice weather after a chilly start :)

Yes turned out a beautiful perfect blue sky day....blinding in fact if driving towards the sun.

My partner, I and my dog went down to Point Ormond in Elwood (its a little hill on the beach front just south of St Kilda) and watched you leave. Here are a couple of pics; can't see you waving.

dsc0128pv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc0110ah.jpg

dsc0086gf.jpg

This is as you pull out from Station Pier, Port Melbourne.

dsc0039jm.jpg

Looking towards St Kilda and downtown Melbourne from Point Ormond, Elwood hill.

dsc0049fgp.jpg

Fortunately they wised up. Just a month or two back they weren't planning to do anything special. Must have had a few 'suggestions' and someone saw the light!

That is good re ticket sales at tram stop. On Arcadia last March, calling in at Melbourne, the shop near the pier could not handle the ticket business, tram conductor, told pax to jump aboard for free. So we did, with 1000 others. The Poms on board, which was 3/4 of the ship thought it was great. LOL.

That is good re ticket sales at tram stop. On Arcadia last March, calling in at Melbourne, the shop near the pier could not handle the ticket business, tram conductor, told pax to jump aboard for free. So we did, with 1000 others. The Poms on board, which was 3/4 of the ship thought it was great. LOL.

Can't imagine them doing that to often.:D

Archived