Luggage Valet -

nannyny

I understand Celebrity offers this service & have used it before. The question is, might it be available for an AA 11:35am flight? Thanks for the help.

I have been told that the luggage valet service works for any flight at 11:30 am or after. This is specific to Ft. Lauderdale. You may want to check with Celebrity if you are flying out of another city.

Cheers,

JoAnne

Nan -

I know you enjoy your drinks, but do you really need "AA"??? :D

Looking forward to meeting you in December!

Sara

Hopefully not! No beverage package for me. American Airlines participates in this program maybe I should check the NCL boards.

This is from the Celebrity FAQ, but I haven't been able to confirm the time parameters. Apparently there is a lot of variation from one airport to another as to the constraints they have in offering this service. One person I contacted said that it was not available for an 11:30 flight out of Newark -- too early -- only flights leaving later than noon on that particular cruise. There may be some variability also depending on how many people request the service. In that particular case, there were only enough to fill one bus, so they had to go with only offering it for later flights. So I'm not sure anyone can tell you for sure that it will be offered for your pre-noon flight from Miami.

Also, there have been cases where someone signed up for this service and were turned down by the airline and or TSA. So that's a possibility, as well, that others might be accepted but you would not be.

From the Celebrity website FAQ

"Luggage Valet is a service we offer to help make your return travels as carefree as your cruise. The last evening onboard, you can receive your airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. The last evening onboard, simply place your checked bags outside your door. We'll take care of the rest. From our ship, to your final destination airport - your luggage will be taken care of. And you won't wait in line at the airport for your boarding passes, because you'll already have them. Hassle-free travel. Designed for You.

This service is available in select ports and with select airlines only. Ports: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Juan, Seattle, Seward and Vancouver. Airlines: Air Canada, Air Tran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest Airlines, United and US Airways. Airline participation varies by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply."

Cruisestitch,

Thanks very much for your help. I guess it will be a wait and see game until she arrives at Miami. We used this service with Celeb in Alaska, it was nice not to schlep your luggage around.

Archived