April 2014 ---> Who wants to speculate?

seannyice81

Since for one reason or another Carnival still doesn't have their entire fleet/itinerary schedule out for post April 2014, I think it might be a little fun to speculate or guess what they're coming up with. Anybody care to take a stab at it?

I'll start off, Legend will probably serve Asia after a season in Australia. The Tampa market will still probably see 2 ships, but its a tough call for replacement. Anyone think they'd send the Pride to Tampa and bring one the the 4 Conquest Class ships still not accounted for to Baltimore?

Maybe more Canadian trips? More southern Caribbean? Whatever they're going to do I really do it soon because I need to book by June 3... I have a really old future cruise certificate that is about to expire... If they don't post it in the next few weeks it will be Alaska for me... But whatever they do they really need more longer itineraries than seven days because there's only a few right now

Maybe more Canadian trips? More southern Caribbean? Whatever they're going to do I really do it soon because I need to book by June 3... I have a really old future cruise certificate that is about to expire... If they don't post it in the next few weeks it will be Alaska for me... But whatever they do they really need more longer itineraries than seven days because there's only a few right now

I agree. John Heald mentioned anything over 8 days probably just wont be in the cards though unless its a longer repositioning.

You bring up an interesting point though. With Splendor doing Canadian sailings, what will Glory sail during the summer?

Baltimore can't accommodate a conquest or dream class ship. So if the Pride were to go to Tampa, Baltimore would have to settle for a fantasy class ship or no ship at all.

Oh. didn't know that. Height restriction of the Bay Bridge?

I agree. John Heald mentioned anything over 8 days probably just wont be in the cards though unless its a longer repositioning.

You bring up an interesting point though. With Splendor doing Canadian sailings, what will Glory sail during the summer?

I'm hoping for Bermuda...about a month ago JH made a comment about Bermuda that has me thinking we might be going to Bermuda next year.

Per JH -This past year we have had only a few of ships dock here in Kings Wharf and lets see in the next 2 weeks or so when we release the 2014 dates if Bermuda is amongst the destinations

But of course thats just my wishful thinking:rolleyes:

I'm hoping for Bermuda...about a month ago JH made a comment about Bermuda that has me thinking we might be going to Bermuda next year.

Per JH -This past year we have had only a few of ships dock here in Kings Wharf and lets see in the next 2 weeks or so when we release the 2014 dates if Bermuda is amongst the destinations

But of course thats just my wishful thinking:rolleyes:

Just love the quoting of John heald, when was the last time that any of his statements were accurate ???

Just love the quoting of John heald, when was the last time that any of his statements were accurate ???

LOL...That's why its wishful thinking. If you notice I said it was about a month ago he said it & you see where he said next 2 weeks or so, well I'm still waiting:rolleyes:

It seems as if Carnival's new strategy is to bring the best ships to your homeport rather than you fly to them. This is the reason why the top 4 newest Carnival ships are all in different homeports. Also the reason why there will be no Europe next year... I wouldn't be surprised to see the Miracle come to Tampa, and the Legend will handle seasonal cruises between Australia and Alaska. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pride head to Tampa and allow a Fantasy Class ship, particularly one with recent upgrades, to head to Baltimore. But once again, its possible, and likely, that none of this will happen. It's fun to speculate though and I am interested in hearing other's comments. Thanks for starting this thread.

It seems as if Carnival's new strategy is to bring the best ships to your homeport rather than you fly to them. This is the reason why the top 4 newest Carnival ships are all in different homeports. Also the reason why there will be no Europe next year... I wouldn't be surprised to see the Miracle come to Tampa, and the Legend will handle seasonal cruises between Australia and Alaska. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pride head to Tampa and allow a Fantasy Class ship, particularly one with recent upgrades, to head to Baltimore. But once again, its possible, and likely, that none of this will happen. It's fun to speculate though and I am interested in hearing other's comments. Thanks for starting this thread.

All plausible.

It is fun, so long as people realize this is speculation. It'll be cool to see how accurate some guesses are

Miracle to Tampa, legened to take over Hawaii and Alaska, and the fantasy to leave the fleet. How's that for speculation?m lol

Also possible.

I'm leaning towards Legend in Asia though as Carnival Corp wants to expand there.

Anybody have any theory on either the Glory's summer itinerary or possible changes to the Southern Caribbean itinerary?

Baltimore can only take a Spirit class or smaller because of the height of the Key Bridge in Baltimore and the Bay Bridge(s) outside Annapolis. The

I think Baltimore will be stuck with the Pride next year.

They probably won't deploy a Fantasy class to Baltimore because they would have to extend the length of the cruises since they do not travel as quickly (that little tidbit was from a Q&A with the "beards" last year) as the Spirit class.

Baltimore can only take a Spirit class or smaller because of the height of the Key Bridge in Baltimore and the Bay Bridge(s) outside Annapolis. The
I think Baltimore will be stuck with the Pride next year.

They probably won't deploy a Fantasy class to Baltimore because they would have to extend the length of the cruises since they do not travel as quickly (that little tidbit was from a Q&A with the "beards" last year) as the Spirit class.

I was looking at Marine Traffic and the Pride was traveling 23.9 knots from Freeport to Baltimore. I don't think the Fantasy class ships can go that fast.

Also possible.

I'm leaning towards Legend in Asia though as Carnival Corp wants to expand there.

Anybody have any theory on either the Glory's summer itinerary or possible changes to the Southern Caribbean itinerary?

Since in my prophecy I have the fantasy leaving, I say the glory will replace the fantasy in charleston. It was a rumor here n cc some time ago.

I see the Legend staying in Asia. When it's not doing Australian cruises, I see it doing either SE Asia cruises or possibly Japanese cruises.

And I'll repeat my prediction that there will be 1-3 ports in the Caribbean that Carnival either hasn't gone to in a long time or has never gone to on a regular basis.

I was looking at Marine Traffic and the Pride was traveling 23.9 knots from Freeport to Baltimore. I don't think the Fantasy class ships can go that fast.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing that somewhere. Good point!

And I'll repeat my prediction that there will be 1-3 ports in the Caribbean that Carnival either hasn't gone to in a long time or has never gone to on a regular basis.

I hope so. This would be good. Which ones do you think they may bring back? Dominicana perhaps?

Glory home-porting in Charleston, thats an interesting one. I could sort-of see it working. I was thinking if for some reason they quit Baltimore, Glory might port in Norfolk. While Carnival dropping Baltimore would be more likely to me, I don't see either happening. With Fantasy eventually leaving the fleet, there will need to be something done for demand. I could see Fascination terminating Jacksonville and taking over at Charleston.

Anybody have any theories on the Liberty or Valor? Even Freedom is out still. I can still see Carnival presence at Port Everglades. To me its more convienent than Miami. The only Conquest Class locked-in is Conquest and its running the East/West Carib itins out of Miami.

I don't see any ship replacing Ecstacy when it leaves Canaveral.

Archived