Asking for Recommendations for Tours from Samana Port

ski2cruise

I am just trying to get information about tour operators out of Samana and how to contact them if we want to set something up before our cruise departs on Jan 5, 2008. How easy is it to get a tour off the ship when we arrive in Samana? Suggestions with details would be most helpful. I have only been able to find very limited information about tours to Playa Ricon and La Playita for snorkeling , all out of Las Galeras. Those tours are set up for larger groups , 8 to 10 people, and there are just 2 of us. We would be willing to join a group going on one of those excursions leaving from Samana on Wednesday, January 16. I'd also like to get information about excusions to the Limon Waterfalls and Whale Watching. I have read all the threads about Samana and getting very mixed reviews as far as whether we should book a tour from the ship or if an independent tour off the ship is resonable.

• 4 years later...

Back in 2008, very few Tour Operators from Samana Port were promoting themselves on the Internet, but nowadays that has changed totally.

Most of all Tour Operators now offers their Tours & Excursions Online were you can see their prices and all details of all Independent Tours. You will save for sure a lot of money compared to the very high prices asked on the Cruise Ship.

Being only 2 persons in your group should be no problem at all, most of them do not need any minimums.

You will find Online Information about Playa Rincon, La Playita Beach, Whale Watching in Samana, Haitises Caves & Mangroves Park and very popular Cascada Limon Waterfall and so much more.

The Best source of Information we have here is the Website GO SAMANA

Almost all Tour Operators of Samana are to be found here.

http://gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com

Enjoy our Spectacular Natural Region !

STEVE

Tour Guide in Samana

• 2 weeks later...
Back in 2008, very few Tour Operators from Samana Port were promoting themselves on the Internet, but nowadays that has changed totally.

Most of all Tour Operators now offers their Tours & Excursions Online were you can see their prices and all details of all Independent Tours. You will save for sure a lot of money compared to the very high prices asked on the Cruise Ship.

Being only 2 persons in your group should be no problem at all, most of them do not need any minimums.

You will find Online Information about Playa Rincon, La Playita Beach, Whale Watching in Samana, Haitises Caves & Mangroves Park and very popular Cascada Limon Waterfall and so much more.

The Best source of Information we have here is the Website GO SAMANA

Almost all Tour Operators of Samana are to be found here.

http://gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com

Enjoy our Spectacular Natural Region !

STEVE

Tour Guide in Samana

Thanks Steve!

I see on the linked site that the whales migrate from 1/15-3/31. You don't suppose they would make a special appearance by 1/9/13 do you? :D

Just started my research and what a pleasant surprise to see a recent reply to this very old question! Thanks again! We are looking forward to discovering this new port!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Try "Tour Samana with Terry". He's rated #1 on Trip Advisor and he is a very nice and honest guy. We've taken his ATV tour on our last two visits to Samana and had a blast both times. We booked him again for our upcoming cruise in January 2013.

• 4 months later...
Try "Tour Samana with Terry". He's rated #1 on Trip Advisor and he is a very nice and honest guy. We've taken his ATV tour on our last two visits to Samana and had a blast both times. We booked him again for our upcoming cruise in January 2013.

We just booked with Terry for our March cruise. TripAdvisor had great reviews. Decided on the low impact excursion. Can't wait!

Archived