Australia & New Zeland

Cal Cruiser

I just booked a cruise with Princess for the Australia & New Zeland cruise.Has anyone else gone on this cruise? I am mad that RCCl is not going there what a bummer. I wish Celebrity was doing this cruise but no luck. But I would like to here from some one who has done this cruise and what tours are a must?

Thanks

Been to both on Crystal. Like you, I wish Celebrity did more exotic itineraries. Let me know what your port of call are and I can tell you what I did for each. I hope you have more than one day in Sydney, as you cannot possibly see everything there is in that great city.

• 2 weeks later...
We did Australia/NewZealand on the (old) Pacific Princess, way back in Jan 95, and it was one of our favorite cruises. We have been back in the region two other times on different cruises - it is a wonderful part of the world.

Afraid any info re shore excursions I could conjure up would be very outdated - but Princess did have a wide range, and would fit most if not all interests.

I took this cruise a couple of years ago on the QE2. It was great!!

Be sure to go the Great Barrier Reef. Well worth it, whether you snorkel orjust want to see part of it. One of the great geographic wonders of the world.

I took tours to a working sheep ranch -- fun -- and to see the jumping crocodiles, really fun!!!

I'd love to go again.

Be aware that it can be awfully hot in NZ and southern Australia in their summertime (opposite ours.)

have fun.
love
joan

Deb C. Yes it is. Daily to the Outer Barrier Reef. Goes from Port Douglas at 10.00am with earlier bus or boat transfers from Cairns. Cost from Cairns is AUD190.00 all inclusive. Web site is at
[url="http://www.quicksilver-cruises.com/"]http://www.quicksilver-cruises.com/[/url]

Its great fun and unforgetable experience.

I spent a month in Australia and New Zealand about 13 years ago on a land tour although we flew just about everywhere. It is a marvelous part of the world. Too bad it is SOOOO far away from us. The plane trip is a killer!!:eek:

We were staying in Cairns a couple days and took the Quicksilver. It was included in our inclusive land package so I never really knew how much it was. Even at $200. it would be worth it. Snorkeling, submarine ride, lunch buffet, etc. What an experience!!

Maybe someday I will go back. Much more to see.:)

We did this cruise on Regal Princess in 2003 and loved it:>:>:>

Hope you doing both post & pre cruise time in "Downunder" as there is much to see all in the "Must See" catagory.
Princess does an excellent job with shore excursions however I am a great one for doing my own thing and Australia / New Zealand is very easy for that - no language barrier and a very safe place int he world to be!

In Melborne you need way more than 1 day however if all you have is 1 day make the most of it on a city tour - don't miss their opera house

In sydney make sure you tour the famous Opera House (if you have trouble with stairs - a normal tour of the opera house includes over 200 steps) you can prebook a handicapped tour. This must be prebooked as in the whole huge opera house there are only 2 very small elevators. On our tour there were only 6 of us including the guide and we could barely all fit into the elevators.

If you visit Hobart in Tasmania book a private tour with Ralph of SVR Tours to go to see the penal colony of Port Arthur - We saw & learned way more than the ships tour for the same $$.

In dunedin we took the gourge train tour if I had to do this over that is the 1 tour I would replace with the tour to see the penquins and Albatross's.

In Christchurch we took the city bus into the city then booked a half day city tour with Greyline for a lot less $$ than the ship wanted and Greyline dropped us back at the ship. We booked this tour thru the Christchurch Visitors Bureau - they have a toable set up for Cruise Passengers tours.

Once in Auckland take time to go to Rotorua and spend at least 3 days there - it was wonderful with so much to see & do.

Must go to work but if you want to e-mail me questions I will be happy to answer you it is ann @ century 21 vancouver . com

Archived