What shape is the Legend in?

zebra

We were on the Legend last January for a cruise through the Panama Canal and it was in beautiful shape. My husband really prefers Voyager class ships but of course they are too big for the canal. It was a very nice ship then and you will have a wonderful time!

We just returned on 12/26/2004 from 2 weeks through the Panama Canal. The ship looks good. There is a bit of wear but nothing significant. This was our best trip yet. The dining room was a bit slow but we had very interesting people at our table so it didn't matter. The entertainment was very good. Carly, the cruise director and her staff are superb.

Al Goodgame

We just returned on Dec. 13th from our trip to Hawaii. Had a great time on the Legend. Our stateroom and balcony were big and so clean. There was a little rust on some outside areas, but that is to be expected. She is beautiful. She went through a rough time coming across the Pacific from Hawaii. Huge swells and lots of wind. But, it didn't spoil the fun. :) The dining room staff is excellent. Look for our review under member reviews. Have a great trip!! Happy C's.

Thanks everyone.

Mike & Carolyn, Looking forward to your review. How did the ship handle in high seas? we'll be doing the Atlantic crossing and could run into some of that as well???

Susan, Drydock is scheduled the day we get off in Lisbon - April 20th, hence our apprehension, but thankfully everyone here has put our minds to rest and we are looking forward to our April transatlantic.

zebra

We were on the Legend the week after Labor Day this year. The ship was in great shape. Cleaning and maintainance were ongoing throughout the ship.

The one thing that really stood out on this cruise was seeing the Captain every day throughout the ship. We've been on 8 cruises in the past 2 years and have never encountered a captain who spent as much time in the public areas just "checking things out".

I was on the same sailing as Mike and Carolyn. IMHO, the ship is in fairly good shape considering her age, but definitely needs some work. Some of the carpeting is getting worn, the rust is pretty bad in places (small places - you'll see it during muster drill and around the pool, especially), and our suite had some big chunks missing from the outside of the bathtub. On the other hand, the interior public areas of the ship are in pretty good shape, although not all of the elevators worked consistently. Overall, I'd give the Legend a 7.5 out of 10 for appearance. We were less than thrilled with their new menu and wine list, though. Our dining room waiter was horrible, although his assistant was good and the head waiter was superb. We didn't take part in any of the cruise director activities or evenig entertainment, so I can't give an opinion. We did enjoy the "rocking and rolling" enroute from Hilo to Ensenada, although many of our fellow passengers were rather green in spite of the free bonine from Guest Relations.

Ship was in very good shape. We noticed much work going on during the trip. They were doing carpet on many of the floors. The ship is going to get cut in half and stretched in drydock. It will only take 14 days. The windjammer is getting a complete face lift. I looked at the blueprints while we were waiting to get off the ship in fort Lauderdale. I guess the piece they are going to drop into the stretch the hull is almost complete from what the person I talked to in the windjammer told me. The crew will stay onboard and help with moving things around to be referbed from what I was told. I did not see the blueprint on the insert but I was told that it will have a new restaurant in it?

Archived