Free Carnival Cruise Vouchers

MikeyLikesIt007

Some local car dealers are offering vouchers for a free 5-day, 4-night Carnival cruise with the purchase of an automobile. Fortunately, I am in the market to purchase a new vehicle. Has anyone every received and used one of these vouchers? Do you know what this voucher does and does not cover?

Thanks.

there will be fine print. i've read other threads about 'free' cruises. thypically they are for the lowest cat of cabin, you have to pay port taxes and fees, have blackout dates and are almost worthless if you want to use them to upgrade to a different cabin. see offer for full details.

This sounds like the exact same thing my DH won for a sales contest at work. Companies can buy cheap vacations and use them as incentives. You don't know this until after you send in the certificate, but it is a company called Travel America. http://travelamericainc.com/

We are going on our cruise in less than 2 weeks. It does not include airfare or port fees/taxes ($99pp). Also it is only good from Sept-Feb. You can pay to upgrade to OV($100pp) or to go during Mar-Aug or to extend to a 7 day. (not sure of the prices of the 2nd two).

If this is not the same thing, I'm sorry for all the info. But, it does sound like the same thing we are doing. :)

Some local car dealers are offering vouchers for a free 5-day, 4-night Carnival cruise with the purchase of an automobile. Fortunately, I am in the market to purchase a new vehicle. Has anyone every received and used one of these vouchers? Do you know what this voucher does and does not cover?

Thanks.

Where are you located Mikey?

I know on a time share presentation I attended before, they offered a 5 day 4 night cruise on Carnival. I thought WOW that's great. However, after reading the fine print and contacting the travel agency myself, I found out that the price was good only at the super saver rate in the back of the carnival catalog. And those are usually waaaay more expensive for some reason. As I was a past guest at the time, the coupon did me no good knowing that I could book it myself for cheaper using the past guest discount or my husband's military discount. They got me on that one...but it wont happen again.:o

Carnival does offer these certificates for purchase. They are usually purchased by companies to be used as rewards or sales incentives.

There are different levels that can be purchased. The lowest level does not include port chgs or taxes and is limited to low season (Sept - Dec)

The next level has less blackout dates (just holiday, vacation sailings).

The next level can be used anytime.

Each level you go up, cost more money for the same length of cruise. So as you can see, it all depends on what the car dealership purchased. Ask to see the voucher and read all the restrictions carefully. If you're going to buy a car from them anyway, it's just an added bonus and does have some value, so long as you can sail in the fall (if they purchased the lowest level).

A few years ago we recieved the same thing for buying a car. After paying the taxes etc. and all the hidden costs it was not much cheaper than booking a cruise through an agent or direct with the cruise line. Hope your's works out.

Right now for the cruise we are taking on Carnivals website it is $329pp. For our "free cruise" we only paid $100 for port taxes and fees. So I guess for us it worked out.

• 8 months later...
Ha d a friend that used one - doesn't include port charges or tax & you have to be VERY flexible as to when you want to go. They tried for a year & finally got Mother's Day cruise.

Since the dealership seems to want to get rid of all those cars and is offering the crusie, could the OP ask for them to pay for those charges? The OP has to pay to fly to get on the ship and the tips, I would think it would benefit them to help out on the port charges and the taxes. Wouldn't that be a good marketing idea?

I work for a dealership and they are a great deal. You have to pay the airfare and all taxes but hey I would gladly do that. We think it would be cool for the owner to buy enough certificates for each employee and spouse and send us. We could shut down for a while and have a great vacation.

Archived