Looking for a (GOOD) transfer company in Barcelona

We are spending 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona and our return flight home is at 7:30 am...which means we'll need to leave our hotel around 5:00. I thought it might be easier to arrange for a shuttle / transfer company to pick us up rather than trying to find a taxi at that hour. I am looking for recommendations on GOOD companies in Barca that I can price. I've read some poor reviews on Sun Transfers on another forum so want to check out others. A couple of places that I checked were crazy expensive tho (60 - 80 euro for 3 people). Seems high to me....

Some names I've run across are:

Barcelona Airport Transfers

Auto Villars

TaxiVanBCN.com

Barcelona Shuttle

Does anybody have any experience with any of these companies? Do you think one-way transfers are more expensive than booking a RT?! Since this is for our return flight home I don't want to mess around with a company I can't trust. TIA.

:)

We are spending 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona and our return flight home is at 7:30 am...which means we'll need to leave our hotel around 5:00. I thought it might be easier to arrange for a shuttle / transfer company to pick us up rather than trying to find a taxi at that hour. I am looking for recommendations on GOOD companies in Barca that I can price. I've read some poor reviews on Sun Transfers on another forum so want to check out others. A couple of places that I checked were crazy expensive tho (60 - 80 euro for 3 people). Seems high to me....

Some names I've run across are:

Barcelona Airport Transfers

Auto Villars

TaxiVanBCN.com

Barcelona Shuttle

Does anybody have any experience with any of these companies? Do you think one-way transfers are more expensive than booking a RT?! Since this is for our return flight home I don't want to mess around with a company I can't trust. TIA.

Hiya,

Just a thought, you could always arrange with your hotel the evening before to prebook a taxi for you.

We have been to Barcelona a few times and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a taxi whatever time we asked the hotel to get us one (we have stayed at various hotels).

I would definately say that would be the more economical way of doing things. I don't have any recommendations for shuttle services i'm afraid as we always do taxis or the train to the airport.

Hope someone else can help you with the shuttle information

Sam :)

I don't know where you are staying but taxis are plentiful in Barcelona!! The last time I had an early flight I walked out of my hotel to the corner where there was a taxi stand, and just got into the first taxi in the line!

IF there is no taxi stand nearby your hotel will certainly be able to call a taxi for you.

We used Zip Transfers last night from airport to our hotel. Booked within 9hr of arriving. Just as a side note (not sure if they subcontracted) but the taxi had the meter 'running' and the total was 24Euro to our hotel (Holiday Inn Express). I had pre paid at 39Euro.

No complaint from me in the difference, i had worked all night and did not fancy waiting at a taxi rank. But you might find just asking the reception for a taxi will be an even cheaper option.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Autos Vilar in May and they were excellent. info at autosvilar dot com. Juan Collado is great to deal with and very prompt with his reply. We are using them again in Nov. and he has even offered to pick us up some wine because the shops will be closed on Sunday, the day we board the ship.

• 8 months later...

Does Auto Villars offer transfers from hotels to the cruise ship terminal as well as airport transfers? We are a family of 4-5 who will have 4-5 large suitacses, 2 suit bags, 3 carryons and some backpacks/briefcase/totebag.

We figure a transfer may be less expensive than 2 taxis. We are looking for a tranfer from the airport to our hotel, a transfer to the cruise ship terminal 2 days later and then a transfer from the cruise ship terminal back to the airport on the day of debarkation for an 11:40 am flight home.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Does Auto Villars offer transfers from hotels to the cruise ship terminal as well as airport transfers? We are a family of 4-5 who will have 4-5 large suitacses, 2 suit bags, 3 carryons and some backpacks/briefcase/totebag.

We figure a transfer may be less expensive than 2 taxis. We are looking for a tranfer from the airport to our hotel, a transfer to the cruise ship terminal 2 days later and then a transfer from the cruise ship terminal back to the airport on the day of debarkation for an 11:40 am flight home.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Yes, they do. Just contact them (our group worked with Juan) and set up the days and times. Our experience was very good, and the price was fair. We had several folks staying at different hotels, and they worked out all of the logistics of getting everyone picked up on embarkation day in BCN.

Yes, they do. Just contact them (our group worked with Juan) and set up the days and times. Our experience was very good, and the price was fair. We had several folks staying at different hotels, and they worked out all of the logistics of getting everyone picked up on embarkation day in BCN.

Thanks for the information! I will contact them!

Mary Anne

Archived