Puerto Madryn Shore excursion

lindaclaff

My husband and i will visit this city in 12/29/09 with CELEBRITY INFINITY...and i have contacted with Flamenco TOur to do tours ,do anyone know about them?? I have listed about Peninsula Valdes and Punta Tombo,,both seem to be interested but we cant decide yet,,,,do someone had done one?...Is it worths to stop in this port?? ,,,

everything will be good!!! thanks :)

My husband and i will visit this city in 12/29/09 with CELEBRITY INFINITY...and i have contacted with Flamenco TOur to do tours ,do anyone know about them?? I have listed about Peninsula Valdes and Punta Tombo,,both seem to be interested but we cant decide yet,,,,do someone had done one?...Is it worths to stop in this port?? ,,,

everything will be good!!! thanks :)

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Welcome to Cruise Crtiic.

I, too, could not decide which tour to take, Punta Tombo or Peninsula Valdes, until someone commented that the penguins were much more interactive than the other wildlife. While you see much more variety on the Valdes P., you will walk among the penguins at Punta Tombo. Moreover, it is early and most of the colony will still be in residence because the chicks will still have most of their baby feathers. They are SOOOO adorable!

On the other hand, since you are coming from Santiago, you may already have seen penguins on your other stops, and may want to do something different when you get to Puerto Madryn. I think that regardless of which you choose that you will spend an amazing day among the wildlife of Patagonia.

It has been a while since I did my research for our trip but I do remember finding at least one person's review of his trip to Valdes. I believe that it was on the website of one of the tour operators. There are many reviews and much discussion of the trip to Punta Tombo here on Cruise Critic. Here is one link that I did save: Punta Tombo questions

If you SCUBA, Puerto Madryn is the place to do it.

We sailed on the INFINITY and I invite you to check out my photos; there is a link below in my signature. We are still talking about the cruise and hope to make a return visit on of these years.

Finally, if you have not already found the ROLL CALL for your sailing, you should check it out. It is the place to find out who will be sailing with you in December and get a chance to meet them before you sail. There is also usually a lot of discussion about tours and the chance to find people to share a tour with (a great way to cut the cost of a private tour). Don't forget to sign up for the Connections Party that Celebrity will host for Cruise Critic members; you must sign up before you sail because it is not announced in the cruise dailies. Also, don't be shy about reading the roll calls for other sailing dates doing your itinerary; there will be a lot of helpful information in those threads as well.

Bon voyage!!

Thanks!!! we have a lot of thing to do!!! and dont have enough time!!! ,,,,is very difficult decide to do the tours or stay to rest!!! more i read more i get confused...

How could we join to ROll CAll??? i have look for the dates of our cruise but it s too busy...

Linda, I did the legwork for you. Go back to my posting above and just click on the words ROLL CALL. It is a link to the roll call for your sailing. All you have to do is start reading and you are part of the roll call. Post a message and you are part of the conversation.

Do the tours. You might never get back this way and you can always use the at sea days for resting.

Blondie, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I use a Canon Rebel XT with a Sigma lens. My husband uses a little Canon 85??IS point and shoot. Some of the photos are mine and some are his. It is really easy to get really great photos when you start with great scenery--and when you shoot a thousand plus photos. Also, I color-corrected many of the shots to make them look less washed out.

Peregrina651, Thanks for sharing not only your South America photos but also the photos of the many other destinations you and your husband have visited. I hesitate to mention his CC moniker, will leave that to your discretion. If we never get to some of the locations you have, your photos will almost suffice. :)

I hesitate to mention his CC moniker, will leave that to your discretion. :)

Not sure what you mean since he doesn't have a CC moniker other than having to suffer with being referred to by the internet generic DH (dear hubby--which isn't really too bad for him considering that his name is Herb). Is this the moniker you are referring to? Otherwise, :confused: (I am confused).

Merci de compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed the travelogue. I hope that it has given you some ideas for future journeys.

:) You can call him Herb and you can call him DH, i couldn't and wouldn't. Did not mean to cause any confusion. Following you all to South America next March, looking forward to the Baltic journey the following year. Not sure about the river journey in the far East. Thanks again for sharing such wonderful photos.

Archived