Premium Beverage Package review

martini cruiser

I bought the Premium Beverage package on my 11 night Equinox May 24th cruise and it could not have been better.

It included every drink I wanted. the service was great especially Wilfredo, Willy from Philly ( as in the Philippines) at the pool bar and the trio of bartenders at the Martini Bar!

I did not hear one negative comment about the premium plan.

I know it saved me money and allowed me to order without thinking of the price.

I really liked the fact that it now includes water, soft drinks etc.

I'll be glad to answer any questions regarding the package.

Martini Cruiser

Delighted the package worked for you - we have a premium package for our upcoming cruise and think it is going to be great

Did you dine in any of the speciality restuarants and if so, what wines were you able to enjoy that night

Thanks

A

I would not be interested, but my husband is, can it be for one? or do we both need to get the package. We have the Aqua Class so the water and iced tea is perfect for me, I do not drink.

Dorene

martini cruiser ~ happy to hear the package worked so well!! We're probably each getting one for our up-coming cruise. Did you drink wine with dinner?? If so how was the service? We usually have a bottle with dinner but thought most nights we'd probably go with wine-by-the-glass since its covered by the package. Was the service slow with a second/third glass of wine? The more I read the more I like the options - water, coffee, special drinks - and not having to worry about the price! Hope we'll be just as happy!!

Thanks for "reporting" on your experience!!

I just returned from the Solstice yesterday and I had purchased the Premium Alcohol Package for myself and the Premium Non-Alcohol Package for my 16-year-old granddaughter and I, too, was so happy with the results. It was just so easy and no worries about prices. The sommeliers were very conscientious about not going over the $12 maximum per glass and always anxious to make recommendations. For dinner I usually had two or three glasses of wine of different varieties, depending on the various courses and selections of food. All in all, it was wonderful and I would not hesitate to do it again. My only complaint was about Cafe al Bacio. The service for the first three days was terrible and the consistency of the type of latte that I ordered each time was very poor. I didn't think it was THAT unusual..... a hazelnut soy latte.... but they ranged from excellent to unable to drink. My granddaughter did not experience the same problem with consistency that I did. She always ordered the white chocolate mocha and it tasted virtually the same every time, but it was one of the specials on their menu so maybe they had their "recipe" down pat.

Sorry, martini cruiser..... didn't mean to barge in on your thread but I certainly agree with you that it could not have been better. Thanks, Celebrity!

Peggy

I would not be interested, but my husband is, can it be for one? or do we both need to get the package. We have the Aqua Class so the water and iced tea is perfect for me, I do not drink.

Dorene

Yes, just one can buy it.

I'll try to answer the questions:

uktog-I dined in the Tuscan Grill and had a nice Sangiovesse that was under the 12.00 limit

FOTOPEG- I drank wine by the glass everynight and the wine steward refilled my glass without even asking, great service. Had no problem with service at the pool/bars/dining room etc. Once in awhile one of the servers would forget to check the card but the charges were all refunded without me even asking.

tteettimes- I was traveling solo so it was 619.00 or so with tips and I got more than my moneys worth in 11 days. EXAMPLE:

2 or 3 bottles of water kept a couple bottles in the fridge, always took one on excursions

2 Expresso's or latte

2 diet cokes ( at least)

2 or 3 Top shelf Patron/Grand Mariner Margarita's by the pool or after a 1/2 day of sightseeing

1 Bellini while dressing for dinner ( brought down from the bar as no room service alcohol included

1 pre dinner Martini/Chopin vodka or one of he specialty Martini's ( a couple of nights 2)

2 glasses of wine with dinner

1 glass of port after dinner

1 or 2 drinks while dancing or during the show etc

I know I'll take some flak as to the amount I drank, but it was my vacation!

Any drink under 12.00 I think....

Martini Cruiser

uktog-I dined in the Tuscan Grill and had a nice Sangiovesse that was under the 12.00 limit

FOTOPEG- I drank wine by the glass everynight and the wine steward refilled my glass without even asking, great service. Had no problem with service at the pool/bars/dining room etc. Once in awhile one of the servers would forget to check the card but the charges were all refunded without me even asking.

tteettimes- I was traveling solo so it was 619.00 or so with tips and I got more than my moneys worth in 11 days. EXAMPLE:

2 or 3 bottles of water kept a couple bottles in the fridge, always took one on excursions

2 Expresso's or latte

2 diet cokes ( at least)

2 or 3 Top shelf Patron/Grand Mariner Margarita's by the pool or after a 1/2 day of sightseeing

1 Bellini while dressing for dinner ( brought down from the bar as no room service alcohol included

1 pre dinner Martini/Chopin vodka or one of he specialty Martini's ( a couple of nights 2)

Martini Cruiser

NO FLAK FROM HERE!! You are my kind of cruiser! ;)

martinicruiser,

So glad to hear of your experience with the bev packages. Hubby and I are on Millie in October, first on Celebrity. We ABSOLUTLY think it is a bargain. I have been amused at some of the inital comments when the packages were introduced stating people must have problems if they can drink that much. Loved your lisiting of your drinks for the day. I can drink alot of bottled water and vitimain water on a hot sunny day. Pretty sure there is no alcohol in those. :) Since it includes the coffees, water and even vitamin water it's a bargain to us. Vacation, to us, it so relax and enjoy, and for us that includes adult beverages of all kinds, water to stay hydrated and coffee to start the next day.

So I say cheers to all who have done the math and have discovered that it is worth the cost.

Happy Cruising.

Hi, I'm a rookie cruiser who will be doing 15 days on the Celebrity Constellation and am interested in the drink package. But do different lines differ in their packages?

Thanks for any information. Dharmagirl

Hi, I'm a rookie cruiser who will be doing 15 days on the Celebrity Constellation and am interested in the drink package. But do different lines differ in their packages?

Do you mean different ships? I would think that the Celebrity packages are basically the same on all the ships.

2 Expresso's or latte

2 diet cokes ( at least)

Martini Cruiser

Why; It's your vacation, enjoy it as you see fit.....:):):)

Bob

Julia, thanks for posting and who cares what or how much you drank. Exactly, you were on vacation! My thoughts too. I can see myself doing the same thing so I'm going to purchase the premium package for my cruise in December! :D

Martini Cruiser....So I can figure out if the package will work for me what is the price for a Cosmo or a martini??? Is it over $8.?? thanks so much.....

If you want to drink martini's you are going to have to get the premium package. Most of them are over $9.50, but you should be able to get most of them under the $12 range, with the exception of the martini flights. Just order individual martini's instead of the flights. :D

My Dh and I were on the Infinity last week and he got the premium package and I had the classic since I knew most of my drinks would be under the $8. We found that if I wanted a martini/cosmo he would order it for me. We also had our favorite bartender who would give us both whatever we wanted.....and we made sure he knew we appreciated his service.:D

The packages are the same on all the ships. I am thinking you are

asking if they differ on the ships..not the lines;)

2 Expresso's or latte

2 diet cokes ( at least)

Martini Cruiser

You are right, it is your vacation:):D...glad it worked well for

you. No flak from me....and its not like you are driving home;)

Do you mean different ships? I would think that the Celebrity packages are basically the same on all the ships.

If you are asking about different cruise lines I don't know if any of the other main stream lines offer the drink package. I know Royal Caribbean doesn't and Celebrity is owned by them.

I know there are some luxury lines that are all inclusive in the cruise fair. Does anyone know if any other line like Princess or HAL offers a similar drink package like this? I had the premium package and though it was worth every penny.10.gif

If you are asking about different cruise lines I don't know if any of the other main stream lines offer the drink package. I know Royal Caribbean doesn't and Celebrity is owned by them.

I know there are some luxury lines that are all inclusive in the cruise fair. Does anyone know if any other line like Princess or HAL offers a similar drink package like this? I had the premium package and though it was worth every penny.10.gif

I know that neither Princess nor Carnival offers this type of package (HAL does offer reasonable "in-cabin" liquor setups).

I am planning on getting the "classic" package for myself, and will let DH decide which one he wants. As much as I love a good martini, I also love to enjoy the next day!! :eek: (If you get my drift!)

One thing, in addition to small additional tips, if as a package prchaser you get a good attentive server onboard, think about putting in an Attention to Detail card midcruise praising them - they will soon know you have done it and these cards play a big part in promotions and onboard rewards such as inclusion in the shore excursions for crew free of charge

Archived