Cabin Safe size on Oriana

Azafran

We are going on the Oriana X219 17th Oct and would like to find out if possible the inside dimensions of the cabin safe as we need to take our laptop or Notebook pc. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. :)

You wont fit a lap top in it... its really for cash passports and maybe a jewellery bag... purse wallet thats about it really.... Best bet to hide anything valuable or lock in in your case below the bed. I have NEVER hidden anything in all my years cruising NEVER heard of anything going missing...:)

We put the following in the safe on Oriana in July:

iPhone x 2;

Passports x 2

wallets x 2

housekeys

loose sterling money

and it was pretty full. Even with nothing else in it, it wouldn't have been big enough for my iPad. I have a feeling that it was big enough for my wife's Kindle but not with all the other stuff.

Beware of something else, as well: there are some funny little recesses in it. We found a previous passenger's passport in ours, tucked down at one end, on its side, and in one of these 'recesses'.

Beware of something else, as well: there are some funny little recesses in it. We found a previous passenger's passport in ours, tucked down at one end, on its side, and in one of these 'recesses'.

YES _ YES _YES!!!!! BEWARE!!!!

In Nov 2010, we boarded Oriana in Brisbane Australia for a 6 week cruise to the UK - to be followed by a return journey on Arcadia in Jan 2011 -- with a couple of weeks over Christmas in England. The trip of a lifetime for us - and we boarded with great jubilation. My wife usually carries our passports and I do the credit card thing. It was a bit of a hassle to board the ship - as usual :D - and we were a bit flustered by the time we got to our cabin. But what a beautiful cabin it was - we were upgraded 9 grades from an inside to a superior outside and we started to relax. We were carrying quite a bit of cash on us - so the very first thing I did was put it in the safe along with all our other "valuables"

On the next day after sailing, and before we arrived in our first Australian port of call, we were asked to bring our passports to reception for processing of some Asian visas - so I opened the safe to get our passports. They were not in there !!!:eek: They must still be in my wife's handbag --- NO! They are not. I emptied EVERYTHING out of the safe - and left it with the door wide open . IT WAS EMPTY!! Over the next two hours , we almost demolished all of our luggage and almost the entire cabin. The passports were nowhere to be found!!! :eek: This would mean that we would have to get off the ship at the next port of call in Australia - good bye to our trip of a lifetime World cruise!!!.

But the Universe spoke to me!!!:rolleyes: I don't know why I did it - but , as the safe was on the deck inside the wardrobe, I physically lay down on the floor and put my hand inside the (apparently empty) safe - and GUESS WHAT??? The passports were standing up on their edges in a tiny recess to the right of it's hinges - totally out of sight!!!! :o

I don't think I have ever in my life felt such emotional relief - and our World cruise was fabulous !! http://ukagain2010.blogspot.com.au/

Barry

But the Universe spoke to me!!!:rolleyes: I don't know why I did it - but , as the safe was on the deck inside the wardrobe, I physically lay down on the floor and put my hand inside the (apparently empty) safe - and GUESS WHAT??? The passports were standing up on their edges in a tiny recess to the right of it's hinges - totally out of sight!!!! :o

That's exactly where we found the previous passenger's passport in July.

I can't actually speak for Oriana, but for Arcadia, the internal sizes as follows:

Width: 24cm

Height: 13.5cm

Depth: 20cm

However, the size of the largest single item is limited by the door aperture, particularly as the door opens no further than 90 degrees. This aperture is a rectangle measuring 16.5cm wide by 10.5cm high.

Do not take these figures as accurate for anywhere other than Arcadia

going through the trips at different ports,maybe you might be doing the same and we can make a party up,so far looked at Petra,and Messina,have been to Cadiz,great place for just walking around,so no trips for us there.watch this space as I do more research.;)

OR

you may have already sorted something out and we can join you:)

Archived