Long rise jeans for long torso gals

I'm 5'8", 134, and have a freakishly long torso. Every pair of jeans I've ever owned have cut me in two! Does anyone know where I can get jeans (or any pants, for that matter) with a long rise? Years ago, I tried the Levi "custom" jeans and they were still 2 inches too short in the rise (told you I was freakish!). Low rise jeans work ok, but they are sooo low that I then have a hard time finding shirts long enough to cover the tummy. There are no "tall girl" stores in my area and on line, they give inseam measurements, but not rise.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I'm 5'11" and I agree with both posters, they picked the best options. Eddie Bauer has great customer service, and many options for sizing. They as Lands End stand behind their products. If you order from Lands End catalog, you can save postage for a return by going to Sears and returning it there. I often order a couple different sizes to pick the best fit.

I'm acutally short and have trouble with pant rises being too short too so it doesn't affect only the tall.

If you are looking on the low price side, I found this season's Old Navy jeans has a long rise to their "just below the waist" jeans (they fall about 1-2 inches below the navel). It was actually the first paif of pant I had to put back because the rise was too long. They also have long inseams if yo need them.

jeannejj,

You betcha! Proud "mom" to 2 ex-racers, LoneStar and Ghost. Aren't they the best?!? We got ours through Greyhound Pets of America, from the track in Daytona. LoneStar will be 9 tomorrow (we got him when he was 3 1/2) and Ghost is 7 (got her 5 years ago, next month). You know what they say, Greyhounds are like Lay's potato chips...no one can have just one! :D

What's your greyhound story?

I got all of mine from Greyhound Rescue, Inc. My Mandy (light brindle beauty), now 10, was a racer at Tri-State. She was a good racer, and was sent to farm for breeding. Somehow, it didn't work out, so she was almost 6 when we got her. She is a perfect love, and you can't have just one......So the following year we got Mack (GreyStateman fawn) 6, retired from Raynham. Charlie (white, black ticked) 4, is retired from Tri-State. Cash, 5, (black tuxedo) retired finally from Raynham. We've hit our limit, so that's my family. Do you ever go on Greytalk.com? I'm jeannejj on there, too.

JJ :D

I have the jean for you.. Levi mid rise Signature Jean. They are the best fitting jean I have ever owned. They come in boot cut and straight. The mid rise is perfect....not so low that you look like a plumber.....if you know what I mean....but not the high "mom jeans". I find them in all place....Walmart and they are under $ 20.00

I have the jean for you.. Levi mid rise Signature Jean. They are the best fitting jean I have ever owned. They come in boot cut and straight. The mid rise is perfect....not so low that you look like a plumber when you sit down.....if you know what I mean....but not the high "mom jeans" look. I find them in of all places....Walmart and they are under $ 20.00

Actually, because you are tall you should stay away from pants that hit you right at the waist. Visually it distracts away from the length of your leg, chopping you in half and making your torso look shorter. Ideally the waistband of a jean should hit about 1-2" below your bellybutton for the best visual balance. I'm also tall (5-10) with a 34" inseam, and accompanying long torso, arms and legs. I wear Men's Levi 501's, 30x34. Men's jeans typically come with what would be considered a long torson in women's jeans.

Archived