Transportation from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale

phamkake

Hello All,

This will be my first cruise on the Enchantment on May 17-22. We are supposed to be docking in Ft Lauderdale, and being that we are from Orlando, I'm having a little trouble finding some alternatives to getting there back and forth.

So far, my options are

#1) driving there and parking there

#2) using a shuttle service

but I'm looking for the most cost effective solution to this.

Also, if I do park there, what are soem options that you guys can offer that are safe?

And what are some shuttle services you would recommend? I;ve only been able to find one which was Cruise Connection...is that the only place that offers this service??

Thanks a lot!!

Also, i there are any suggestions on some must-do/must-see things in george town, grand cayman and cozumel, mexico, it would be greatly appreciated!!

You could drive and stay at a hotel that offers cruise parking while you're gone............

Check your yellow pages for shuttles..........seems a little far for one......but being as you're in the area,you'll be able to research the shuttles easier.........

For ideas what to do in those ports, check out this section of CC..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Hi,

We fly into MCo from the UK and drive to Ft Lauderdale, car hire for the day is about $35, we drop off at the airport and get the free shuttle to the port.

We then do the reverse on the way back. Do a web search for car hire and if you have an Amex card you get insurance CDW included.

Hope this helps.

There are a couple of daily shuttles that you can get from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. There's also the train. Driving can be expensive - the tolls alone on the turnpike is about $20 then gas is another $80 to $100 nowadays. =/

We also live in Orlando and usually sail out of Port Everglades. Each and every time we rent a car and drop it off. We don't have drop off charges and we don't have to worry about the safety of our car while we are gone. Then when we get back we rent another car and drive back. Last time I checked it was well over 100.00 to park at the port for a week:eek: .

thanks soo much everyone!

I checked out Cruise Connect and they only leave for Enchanment of the Seas on Mondays, since our ship is leaving on Sat, thats a no go. And considering the gas prices, I'm not sure about driving...car renatls sound promising..and so does a train. Altough I'm not sure if a train is available...

thanks again!

Archived