ARDASTRA GARDENS Walking Distance??

TwoWeebles

We visited a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. We went by cab since we had a child with us. The aviary was wonderful. At certain times you can go inside and feed the lories. We missed the flamingo routine but heard it's really neat too. I like visiting small zoos because of the opportunity to see animals you might not see at a zoo in the U.S.

Is the Ardastra Gardens in walking distance from the ship? It sounds like a pretty neat place. Have you been there; what do you think?

We went a couple of years ago - they have a lot of interesting animals that you wouldn't see in the states. We actually road the #10 bus down West Bay Street (I think it was maybe $1). They dropped us off at the corner of Chippingham and we walked the rest of the way. I'm not so sure if I would want to walk the entire way - IIRC, there's a lot of traffic on West Bay.

We went a couple of years ago - they have a lot of interesting animals that you wouldn't see in the states. We actually road the #10 bus down West Bay Street (I think it was maybe $1). They dropped us off at the corner of Chippingham and we walked the rest of the way. I'm not so sure if I would want to walk the entire way - IIRC, there's a lot of traffic on West Bay.

It's not too bad, but it's not pedestrian-friendly the whole way. If you're fit and nimble and REALLY like to walk, it's not a problem. The great majority of people would feel more comfortable taking transportation.

Archived