So how old are most solo cruisers??

ChrisInRowX

Hey all, so I just found out a couple of days ago that the NCL Epic has solo cabins. Looking to book a Mediterranean cruise sometaime in '13. I'm 31, and was just wondering if there would be other people close to my age. Anyone have any input?

Hey all, so I just found out a couple of days ago that the NCL Epic has solo cabins. Looking to book a Mediterranean cruise sometaime in '13. I'm 31, and was just wondering if there would be other people close to my age. Anyone have any input?

Would say, especially on the Epic you will have other solo cruises your age. Did my first solo cruise when I was 37.

Be sure to join the roll call, that too will give you a general idea of those traveling on the same ship. Although CC members on a cruise are a very small percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

• 4 weeks later...

Since 50 is the new 30......It doesn't seem to matter what one's true age in years is anymore.

I've met some 25 year olds who were so tired and boring I couldn't wait to get away from their company. And, then there's the 80 year old gentleman who was parasailing, dancing and sharing stories; he was well groomed, lively and joyful. He had so many wonderful stories to share with everyone. Being around him was pure fun!

Since 50 is the new 30......It doesn't seem to matter what one's true age in years is anymore.

I've met some 25 year olds who were so tired and boring I couldn't wait to get away from their company. And, then there's the 80 year old gentleman who was parasailing, dancing and sharing stories; he was well groomed, lively and joyful. He had so many wonderful stories to share with everyone. Being around him was pure fun!

50 is the new 30...except if you did it right and are a bit lucky, you have more money and time and less childcare responsibility! Sadly, you also have reading glasses and a few wrinkles. :)

(And I know whereof I speak, as I"m 51!)

Can't answer the OP's question though, as I've never been on the Epic and I have not yet taken my first solo cruise--will be doing the solo cruise in a few months though!

Awww, reading glasses and wrinkles the charms of the aging process. The cure: Lasix and Botox the two "X's" that seem to cure the aforementioned......anything else I can help you with?

I like my company and have even been accused of "chatting-it-up" with myself! I don't mind sharing some of my "me" time with good company......but find it entirely unecessary unless your personality can make me smile......Laughter, now that's what I'm talking about!!!!! :)

Enjoy your cruise. Took my 1st solo cruise at 36(Will be 38 next Thursday.). Been on one more since & have begun the planning stages for 2013 & 2014 cruises (At least one will be on ncl.). Met solos of all ages but it seems that most of the ones I met have been in the 30 - 60 age range.

I'm with Roz. I'm not sure age matters, truthfully. It's more about interests and personality. I did my first solo cruise (which definitely won't be my last!) this year at age 42. I am still very active and outdoorsy and like to hike, rock climb, kayak. I found the people willing to hike with me were a couple who are my parents age. Go figure!

But if the age number really is important, I'm sure you'll find folks in the same general range to hang out with!

Tracy

I'm 36 :eek: today, and have my first solo cruise in November.

Happy Birthday, I was about your age when I did my first solo and I am now about 20 years older and still enjoying the solo cruises. You may get addicted to the solo experience like the rest of us.

I'm 34 and for my cruise on the Epic in November, I had originally booked a studio, since I was planning to go solo. Then one of my friends decided to crash my cruise... so we are now sharing an inside. However, I am already planning to book a solo cruise for 2013. :)

Archived