Arco Del Lauro in Rome

tate23

We'll be staying at Arco Del Lauro in Rome for a few days in June. Has anyone been there? If so, can you recommend best way to transfer to/from airport?

My first apartment in Rome was right around the corner in Piazza in Piscinula, I love that neighborhood.

A taxi or car service is the easiest way into the city. The taxi is a fixed fare of 40 Euro, car services may charge slightly more.

If you want to use public tranist, you would take the local train from the airport (the FR1, not the Leonardo Express) to Trastevere. Exit the train station and take tram #8, direction Argentina, for six stops to Belli. Your B&B is a short walk from there (two tenths of a mile).

If you're looking for a place to eat in the neighborhood, I'd suggest Sette Oche in Altalena, right around the corner at Via dei Salumi, 36. They have outdoor seating but I usually avoid that because there's a high school right across the street and it gets pretty noisy (during the day anyway). This is not where you'd go for an elegant meal, but it's good food at a reasonable price (I've eaten there once or twice a year for the past three years).

We'll be staying at Arco Del Lauro in Rome for a few days in June. Has anyone been there? If so, can you recommend best way to transfer to/from airport?

We tried to stay there but they were full! As such, we stayed at the Amaranto Romano which is owned by a friend of the Arco. They arranged all of our travel to and from the cruise. I bet Lorenza would too if you ask!

Archived