Until how late can you cancel a shore excursion?

canadarocks

Right now I have two shore excursions booked that involve stingray encounters in March. The first is in Grand Turk which is the 3rd day of our cruise. The second is at Half Moon Cay on the 2nd day of the second leg of the Collector's Cruise (so six days later than the first).

I don't want to do both but if by chance we are unable to dock at Grand Turk, I want to keep the HMC one as a "backup". So my question is (in my convoluted way, sorry! :o):

Can I cancel a shore excursion and receive a full refund once onboard, 5-6 days from when it is scheduled?

You can cancel onboard before the cancelation deadline and recieve 90% reinbursement on your onboard account. The deadlines will be listed in a shore excursion flyier in the cabin on embarktion day. Deadlines vary and are usually anywhere from a couple days ahead to the previous afternoon. You have to do this in person at the shore excursion office so check times the daily schedule.

OK, that takes care of leg one. Leg two could be more of a problem since the excursion is day two of leg two. We switched excursion for the B2B day and never were reimbursed for the canceled one. The switch was done before the deadline, but the shore ex people found it couldn't be processed onboard and had to be handled "by Seattle". Fortunately it was an extremely inexpensive excursion and the one we replaced it with was excellent. (For shore excursion purposes, the onboard shore ex staff may have to treat individual legs of "collectors' cruises as separate cruises. Our experience was in '08, so policy could have changed.)

I think that maybe I didn't explain myself clearly in my first post. We definitely don't plan on canceling the first excursion in Grand Turk (I'm just concerned that we may end up missing it for weather reasons, but I know we will be reimbursed the full amount if that does happen).

But what I want to know is if we decide to cancel the 2nd excursion (and we would do that 5-6 days from when it occurs) will we get a 100% refund? And does the fact that it is on the second leg of a two part cruise change the whole scenario? :confused:

I figured you understood the general onboard cancelling process, but included details for any new-to-HAL readers.

The shore excursion tickets for your second leg probably won't be available until that leg. You may not be able to do a second leg cancellation onboard until that leg begins. Reread my previous post and note that we had a problem with something similar.

I figured you understood the general onboard cancelling process, but included details for any new-to-HAL readers.

The shore excursion tickets for your second leg probably won't be available until that leg. You may not be able to do a second leg cancellation onboard until that leg begins. Reread my previous post and note that we had a problem with something similar.

I understand now and with it being on the second day of that half of the cruise, I guess I should cancel it before we leave. Thanks!

Archived