Glacier Smoothie Store

kayrob

How far is the Glacier Smoothie store (the one that sells the Alaskan soaps) is from the pier? It looks like they have some great products to bring home for souveniers. Thanks

It depends on which berth you are in, but it's not far. It's just a couple blocks up from the Tram, near Tracey's Crab Shack and the library. It's not really a "store" but just a tiny shack. If you got to Google Maps and start typing Glacier Smoothie it will pop up and you can select it. Then you can see where it's located with respect to your ship... if you know where you will dock.

Love their soap, gonna be one of my stops in aug when I go. It's within walking distance as you walk around you'll see it but like

sherryf said its a small wood building with entrances on each side but smaller than an inside cabin on the boat. ;)

Look for the parking garage / library. (Land is a premium in Juneau so the library is on the top floor of the parking garage). There is a row of shacks right by the garage. The first one is Glacier Smoothie. At the back of the row is Tracy's. Both great local companies.

I vaguely thought they're closed on Sundays? I haven't checked this year. If you're on a vessel arriving on Sunday, I'd check with them. There're other locales that sell their products and you may to go there.

As other have said, by the parking garage, which is very easy to spot on the waterfront. We have very few buildings over 2-3 stories high.

According to their website, they are open Monday to Saturday, 10am to 6pm, May to September.

Just wanted to add, I was totally not expecting a thread about soap when I clicked on this topic. ;)

I must be blind. I couldn't see hours, thus why I just provided a link.

Yeah, I was totally disappointed myself the first time I rushed up to the shack! But there's a crepe shack next to it, for second best thing.

Archived