Please tell me about Romantic Packages on RCCL!!

svetty

We are going on our first cruise as a couple and i found in the reservation all those romantic packages with champagne and fruits, but i was wondering if anyone got these? Are they worth it and if so which one is the best deal in your opinion?? i am thinking about the one with Veuve Cliqout, since i love the champagne, are the bottles big? or is it a tiny bottle?

please please please share:)

We are going on our first cruise as a couple and i found in the reservation all those romantic packages with champagne and fruits, but i was wondering if anyone got these? Are they worth it and if so which one is the best deal in your opinion?? i am thinking about the one with Veuve Cliqout, since i love the champagne, are the bottles big? or is it a tiny bottle?

please please please share:)

Hi Svetty: I ordered the Ultimate Romance package as a surprise for my DH when we sailed last April. It was a great package, glad I did it. The only thing wrong was it was all delivered at different times. We met the person delivering the flowers as we left our cabin after dropping off our luggage and he handed us the vase, no card. When we came back later the robes were there, and the vouchers for the breakfast, photos/frames etc. Next came the strawberries, after we had sailed. Unfortunately the champagne did not show up so we had to call. Didn't get it until the next day before dinner. That said, it was a nice touch and I would recommend it. The champagne was a full size bottle. Sorry, don't remember which one we had, but it was good!! We didn't finish it that night and the room steward put it on ice for us so it was cold when we were ready for it. The flowers were beautiful and lasted all week. The special breakfast was excellent. The photo and frame are very nice. The robes are comfortable and make a great souvenir. I plan on ordering again the next time we sail, but will stress to them that we want the champagne to toast sail away as we are actually sailing away!!

Where and when do you go ?? Enjoy. -Cathie

Thank you Cathie!! I hope that they will deliver the champagne early, the whole point is that i think it will be cool to celebrate the actual sail away! We are going in August on Liberty of the Seas for a 7 day cruise! I am so excited!!!

Thanks Cathie... I'm not the OP but I will be doing the Romance Package too and want the champagne for sail away... do you know who to call to stress that? I'd really like both the champagne and strawberries for sail away.

I think next time I would call the order desk/customer service before sailing, ask them to confirm, and then call room service when once on board. What ship are you going on?

Thank you Cathie!! I hope that they will deliver the champagne early, the whole point is that i think it will be cool to celebrate the actual sail away! We are going in August on Liberty of the Seas for a 7 day cruise! I am so excited!!!

You will love it. It is so exciting. We were on Freedom last year and it was absolutely beautiful. I hope you have a fantastic time. Enjoy !!

I think next time I would call the order desk/customer service before sailing, ask them to confirm, and then call room service when once on board. What ship are you going on?

Great advice! We are going on Serenade of the Seas to Alaska at the end of August. Can't wait!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

My DH arranged a romance package & a couple of other gifts & gear selections for our 10th anniversary on Voyager in February. While we enjoyed all of the pieces of the package, like a previous post, everything arrived at different days/times.

He had also arranged for the Anniversary decorations and they were not up when we arrived...came on the 2nd afternoon of the cruise. The flowers on our bed came on the fourth night. The breakfast in bed (very good...better selection than normal room service breakfast) and pre-dinner canapes (not very good) were on schedule, as we coordinated with our Head Waiter. Chocolate covered strawberries & wine were there for wailaway!! Needless to say, DH was frustrated as he imagined all the pieces would be there upon arrival for our sailaway.

On another note, our steward gave us 4 beach towels instead of 2 towels and 2 robes. Oh well, we use the towels at home way more than we would robes anyway!

One upside, we never knew what we would find when we came back to our room! If you can, try to coordinate with your room steward (i.e. give early tip) if you want to ensure first day delivery! Either way, it adds a touch of fun to your trip!!

• 4 months later...

All the lines have romantic packages. NCL gives you dinner at the specialty restaurnat besides the champagne and other goodies.

On Celebrity our friends got a champagne breakfast, a free 8 by 10 photo and also some canapes.

On Princess we received champagne (our daughter and hubby's mother bought this for us), chocolate covered strawberries, canapes, a vase with two roses and also a farmed 8 by 10 photo of our choice.

I could care less about the canapes and strawberries and so when recently my sister celebrated her 25th on Carnival, I had a anniversary a cake and sparkling cider (her hubby does not drink although sis would have loved the champagne) waiting in her room on embarkation day. I also bought her some credits to be put toward photos as I wanted them to have an anniversary portrait.

Archived