Liquor in a wine bottle?

bigshowble

My homebrew store sells fresh corks.

If i fill an old red wine bottle with liquor, do you think I have any problems? We will also bring other bottles of wine as well. The only thing, is that it wont have that sleeve that covers the neck of the bottle.

If i fill an old red wine bottle with liquor, do you think I have any problems? We will also bring other bottles of wine as well. The only thing, is that it wont have that sleeve that covers the neck of the bottle.

:rolleyes:

It does not take a rocket scientist to get booze onto a Princess ship. Pack it carefully in either your checked or carryon luggage and enjoy. You really have to try hard to get Princess to take your booze away.

It does not take a rocket scientist to get booze onto a Princess ship. Pack it carefully in either your checked or carryon luggage and enjoy. You really have to try hard to get Princess to take your booze away.

I agree with Paul. No reason to "over engineer" this as they don't really care.

Mike:)

All your clear ones fit nicely into a water bottle...evian,dasani etc.They travel alot better as well.

Had to laugh at this one...On a few cruises I did the same thing and thought I was pretty sneeky. To top it off, I purchased bottle shrinks from my local homebrew shop which made the finished product look store-bought. Since then however I simply put a couple jugs in my suitcase and let the porter "sneek" it on for me. Princess is great!

Good gosh. You could just put it in a paper sack and have a 75% chance of making it on board.

Call me old fashion but, I will follow the rules. Bring wine on board per the "rules" and buy a couple of 375 ml of the "hard" stuff from the ship. Since I drink "on the rocks" it will be cheaper than hitting the bar and no worry about leaking,breaking or having someone "hold my booze" to the end of the cruise.

Hey that is just me. To each his/her own

Buy liquor in glass bottles, put them in a ziploc bag then place in between your clothes in your checked luggage.

The reason I do not suggest rum runners or plastic bottles is because a glass bottle has much more compressive strength than plastic or soft polyethylene rumrunners. When you see how they stack luggage you will understand. The only way a glass bottle will break if it is struck by a hard object or as they say on TV "blunt force trauma".

Enjoy

Call me old fashion but, I will follow the rules. Bring wine on board per the "rules" and buy a couple of 375 ml of the "hard" stuff from the ship. Since I drink "on the rocks" it will be cheaper than hitting the bar and no worry about leaking,breaking or having someone "hold my booze" to the end of the cruise.

Hey that is just me. To each his/her own

This brings up a question for me. In the gift shop one cruise, we bought a package of 6 or 8 small bottles of different flavors of rum. We were surprised when they told us they had to hold it until the last day when they would give it back to us. You say you can buy 375ml bottles of hard liquor, and it sounds like you consume it onboard. Why is that allowed but our gift shop bottles were not? Just curious.

This brings up a question for me. In the gift shop one cruise, we bought a package of 6 or 8 small bottles of different flavors of rum. We were surprised when they told us they had to hold it until the last day when they would give it back to us. You say you can buy 375ml bottles of hard liquor, and it sounds like you consume it onboard. Why is that allowed but our gift shop bottles were not? Just curious.

You were buying it from the duty free shop on board. The other poster was buying it through room service. There is probably a BIG difference in price.

I agree with Paul. No reason to "over engineer" this as they don't really care.

Mike:)

We actually filled the sack that comes in a box of wine with gin and resealed the box. (My sister had finished off the wine) It took us over an hour but we laughed the entire time!!

And yes, we WAY over engineered this.

The funny thing is that we didn't finish it so we brought it home. My mom went to make a martini with the "gin in a box" and used the other box with wine! The martinis didn't taste right! :D

You could do it as if you were sterilizing wine...fill with your choice of liquid, cork, seal with a shrink cap and label as something interesting (eg. could vodka be considered as potato wine?)

Ciao for now!!!

I don't know about you but I have bottles of wine that don't use corks. They have screw off lids. Go buy a bottle or two and celebrate the night before you sail! Drink the wine and fill the bottle! Screw the lid shut. Done and done!

Archived