"The Tour", Thenford Grey excursion, reviews?

SISer

• 2 weeks later...

I took the tour in March. We thought it was a great value. Saw the highlights such as Brimstone Hill Fort, Romney Manor, and Cockleshell Beach. It was a full day and I felt it covered the island well. I would recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the tour with Thenford in January. He is a terrific operator, speaks well, is very intelligent and as said above...is very good with his guests. Just as an aside, when we were at Brimstone, my DW decided to stay in his van as she has MS and couldn't get around easily...he stayed behind and and unbeknownst to me, quietly drove her to the various parts of the fortress that he could drive to then join the rest of us. No question that he is your guy.:)

We also spent a day with Thenford Grey a few weeks ago, and loved every minute of it. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you decide to go with him. We had rain off and on all day but still enjoyed it. He is very knowledgeable about the island. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We did the tour with Thenford in January. He is a terrific operator, speaks well, is very intelligent and as said above...is very good with his guests. Just as an aside, when we were at Brimstone, my DW decided to stay in his van as she has MS and couldn't get around easily...he stayed behind and and unbeknownst to me, quietly drove her to the various parts of the fortress that he could drive to then join the rest of us. No question that he is your guy.:)

OMG reading this brought tears to my eyes how considerate he is.

I have no doubt Mr. Grey has a wonderful tour. You might also want to check out Roosevelt Taylor's tour. I think they are probably about the same. Mr. Taylor is excellent also. Last summer he only had myself and my husband and though it was just two of us he was gracious in every way. We were so impressed, especially at the Batik and the gardens surrounding. He knew so much about all the flowers (my DH loves flowers!)

Thenford is a VERY personable guy and is quite the amateur historian - we did "The Tour" and were very pleased with the locations and his oration along the way. Note that there is a lot of driving, but if you want to find out about the island he does a great job.

He dropped us off at Friar's Beach (Ship Wreck Bar) where DW was able to get a foot/ leg massage while I snorkeled the reef.

We're thinking of using him again when we hit up the island.

I'd highly recommend him and any of the tours he offers.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Mr. Grey gave us a superb tour on the 4/16 Summit. He was personable, witty, and (as someone mentioned) a true gentleman. We highly recommend him and would use him again in a heartbeat.

Totally agree! My husband and I were the only two booked last year. He gave us a wonderful day even though I know he didn't make any money that day. We are going back again this year with a party of 8.

• 4 weeks later...

Toured with Thenford's company twice. Once with Thenford and a private tour with one of his employees. Both were outstanding. Great vans, island knowledge, and personality.

Thenford is a very honest and reliable man and you will not be disappointed. You can take his structured tour or make your own.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great Reviews on Thenford Grey. I do have a question about "The Tour" and the 1-2 hour beach or shopping portion at the end. What kind of shopping is available during this part of the tour? Are we close to the pier so we can get back on the ship if we want to? Or do we have to be driven back after the beach break? Not sure of the logistics. Since live in Florida we get the beach scene plenty throughout the year and do not necessarily want to spend 2 hours at the beach. Thanks!

Great Reviews on Thenford Grey. I do have a question about "The Tour" and the 1-2 hour beach or shopping portion at the end. What kind of shopping is available during this part of the tour? Are we close to the pier so we can get back on the ship if we want to? Or do we have to be driven back after the beach break? Not sure of the logistics. Since live in Florida we get the beach scene plenty throughout the year and do not necessarily want to spend 2 hours at the beach. Thanks!

Last year when we toured with Thenford, there really wasn't much shopping time on the actual tour. We were due to stay at Cockleshell beach for a few hours at the end of the tour, but that day it rained a fair bit so we asked Thenford to take us back to the port.. there were three other couples on the tour. We got back to the port with about an hour and a half to spare and a few of us did some quick shopping at the stores in the port area. A few on the tour wanted to snorkle at Cockleshell beach but found it was not good snorkelling that day.

Maybe the tour has changed now so that it incorporates shopping, but there wasn't any shopping time in our tour last September.

Archived