What time can we board?

cruiserr

We are sailing from Basel to Amsterdam on Avalon's Artistry II in September. We have a private transfer arranged from Zurich to Basel on the day we sail, leaving Zurich at noon. Will we be able to board the boat when we arrive in Basel or will we be too early? Will there be any options for a late lunch on board?

You'll be advised, probably very soon, where the hotel meeting place will be if you arrive early and where you can leave your suitcases. For our cruise leaving Amserdam June 23 I think the earliest we were allowed to board was around 4 pm. We left our stuff at the hotel and wandered around town until around 3, back to hotel and then everybody boarded buses to the ship.

We sailed Basel to Amsterdam on Artistry II in July. Avalon had check in at Movenpick Hotel in Zurich up to 3.00pm, they looked after your bags from there and provided coach to boat. I understood that docking position in Basel is not confirmed until a couple of days before.

Why pay for transfer when check in is at Zurich. I don't think you can board early, as some did the Sunday morning tour from Zurich to Lucerne and then direct to the boat and trip was planned to arrive after 3.00pm at Basel.

YES the boat and trip was great, faultless, have already booked another one

Archived