Lawrence of Antigua ?

travelgal

After contacting Lawrence his e-mail stated we would be on a bus with other people. I got the impression from the picture on his web page that he had a van. Does he see his van as a bus? What was anyone's experience using him. Which sites did your tour consist of. thanks

We used Lawrence of Antigua in Feb of this year. He had a van and we were the only people in it. He customized a tour to suit our interests. We went to English Harbour and saw all the highlights of the National Historic Park - Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights (fantastic views), Dow's Hill interpretation Centre (more superb views and a good presentation of Antigua's history). After we viewed those sights, he took us to the Natural Bridge and then dropped us at Long Beach for an agreed upon time. When we were done at the beach, he picked us up and took us back to the ship. We found the entire experience to be excellent. Lawrence was very accomodating, never rushed us, made us aware of all the national Historic Park had to offer so that we got our money's worth (the entrance fee to the park is good for all sites - you save your ticket) and he stopped for many photo ops.

Yes, on most Islands they consider a van to be a bus and the same goes with Lawrence. We had a great time with Lawrence and his friend Chris. $25.00 for a great tour with two of the nicest guys ever. We stopped at Malibu Beach and loved it!! Nelson's dockyard was great also!! Trust me you will not go wrong with Lawrence! And if you want a nice lunch on the Island try Hemmingways, a short walk from the boat!!

• 3 weeks later...

DH and I and friends took a tour with Lawrence in April. He was GREAT!! He was where he said he would be when he said!! That was important since at our previous port we waited over 45 minutes for our 'tour' guide that we had prepaid!! You cannot go wrong with him!!

I toured Antigua with Lawrence of Antigua on August 12th. He had two vans, each of which could carry 10 passengers in addition to the driver, so I know he can handle at least 20 passengers. I recommend that you contact Lawrence and ask him about the date and the number of people you have in mind; here is his email address:

lawrenceofantigua@yahoo.com

• 1 year later...

We toured with Lawrence in Dec. 2005 while aboard the Sea Princess. He was OUTSTANDING to say the least. His web site says he is "prompt, reliable, affordable, and very experienced" and he is definitely all that and more. As promised he was waiting on the pier with a sign with our name on it when we arrived. Out tour was great and he made little stops along the way that we requested (beer, bathroom, pictures). It was by far one of the best things we have ever done and we've done plenty (ship excursions, privates tours, etc). I would highly recommend him to anyone and can't wait to return to Antigua to ride with him again. He runs an extremely professional business. His van was clean, comfortable and air conditioned. You will not regret doing this tour. I am so grateful that someone from the boards referred him to us. If you have specific questions, contact me at LHurston@aol.com.

Archived