Interval International Prices on Cruises

Does anyone have any experience working directly with Interval International in purchasing a cruise? Do they offer any great deals. I know they offer great prices on get aways. I just purchased a time share (Cape Cod) and will be a member of Interval International in a few weeks.

Not II but I booked a cruise with RCI (II's competition- not the cruiseline).

The price was good. It was a special in thir magazine. I'd recommend comparing their price with the online cruise discounters. It needs to be much cheaper if you are using points or transferring your timeshare for the cruise.

Does anyone have any experience working directly with Interval International in purchasing a cruise? Do they offer any great deals. I know they offer great prices on get aways. I just purchased a time share (Cape Cod) and will be a member of Interval International in a few weeks.

For our very first cruise, I booked through II. We too own on the Cape! There rate was good. However, they are just "Order Takers". If you need help, information, changes etc., then you are dealing with just a customer service representative. They may find the right answer or they may not. When I have subsequentially given them an opportunity to quote a cruise, they are not the best or elast expensive. Major Travel Agencies whether on-line or around the corner, offer much more personalized service for the best rate.

Since we are almost neighbors, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Nanatravel

We work with RCI for our exchanges and every time we've checked cruise prices through them, the rates were higher or about the same as if we were booking through a TA. In most cases, we've found it would not be worth it to do an exchange for a cruise. However, we did get a very good price for a Panama Canal Cruise on RCCL by booking with the RCI travel department and not involving our timeshare in any way.

Always do your homework on prices with other agencies before contacting Interval. If you plan to exchange your week for the cruise, you have to do it before depositing it. They also only give you a day or so to make up your mind about accepting the rate they quote you. We have priced a cruise with them as an exchange before, and the price was not less than other agencies and not worth giving up the week.

Thanks for the advice, it seems as if II offers great land vacations, but if you want to go be on the water, online sites seems to do the trick.

Just an an aside, anyone know a good place to find last minute discounts.

• 7 years later...