Boston Traffic Question

Jonah315

We are boarding the NCL Dawn on August 23 which is a Friday. We are staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are driving to the Port from the hotel and according to Google Maps it is about 2 miles and 10 minutes but I am curious if that is realistic on a Friday morning. I am just trying to time my arrival to the Port and wondering the realistic travel time, knowing from experience that Boston traffic can be pretty heavy. I have no interest in cutting it close. Thoughts?

Bob

Thanks everyone. I just was not sure if it really was only a couple of miles. We have lots of time so will take the advice, sleep in, have a good breakfast and head over. I appreciate the assistance.

Bob

Your hotel is on Stuart St. You just take Stuart St east towards the theater district where it becomes Kneeland St and you just keep going until the end. The bus station is at the end and you can only make a left onto Atlantic. Stay to the right and make the first right onto Summer St. South station will be on the corner on your right. Follow Summer St into South Boston until you get to the port area.

Couldn't be easier. No narrow or confusing or one way streets for this route.

It looked straight forward on the map but then my experience in Boston is that everything looks fine until you hit a one way street or some construction and a detour. Perhaps it was driving a few times during the Big Dig that has me worried unnecessarily. Thanks for the directions.

Bob

Archived