News: RCCL employee accused of burglarizing customers' homes while they cruised

WOW! Words escape me on this one. Glad she was caught.

The other day I saw a car with a magnetic sign that read...."Vacation Home Watch Service"

I thought to myself, who in their right mind would want to use this company.....all someone has to do is follow the car and....... bingo! :eek:

Unbelievable! I wonder if RCI has any liability in the buglaries? Never in my wildest dreams would I think of something like this happening.

Other than an overwhelming sense of embarassment, I doubt it.

BTW, "information theft" by employees is not at all uncommon. We hear at least one story like this a month up here in Orlando.

So many people have access to our personal information like that!

Everything we do, people require that basic information.

It is too bad for the company to have to deal with this, since there is no way I can think of if people have no prior criminal record to know if someone will misuse / abuse their access to private information.

Short of psychological testing!:eek:

i wonder if they require fingerprinting?

Unbelievable! I wonder if RCI has any liability in the buglaries? Never in my wildest dreams would I think of something like this happening.

Unless they knew she was taking that information and didn't stop her, no. I'm guessing the employee handbook clearly states that employees are not to take customer data for their own use. Common sense would dictate that you wouldn't have to actually put that in writing, but clearly common sense doesn't always prevail.

Wow! I am so glad I have an alarm system, a pet sitter that comes every day I am gone, good relationships with the neighbors, and parents who also check in while we are gone. Oh, and someone comes buy once a week to mow the lawn. My house will never appear to have its occupants on vacation. I guess this is why you have homeowners insurance!

Other than an overwhelming sense of embarassment, I doubt it.

BTW, "information theft" by employees is not at all uncommon. We hear at least one story like this a month up here in Orlando.

I had an Aunt who had her identity stolen by a cruise line employee back in the mid 90's down in Miami. She worked in the office of the cruise line and had access to all of her information. Back then you gave you SS# when filling out cruise information. She was eventually caught. Made a mess of things for my Aunt for years.

Wow. Can't say I'm shocked, but it really stinks to read it. I have a home alarm system, but I'm guessing that cutting a hole in the glass wouldn't set off the alarm, why would it?

That's just awful.:mad:

It is awful. If you have good motion detectors it'll set the alarm off no matter what method they use to enter the home.

It is awful. If you have good motion detectors it'll set the alarm off no matter what method they use to enter the home.

Yep, one day I forgot about the dog --who was sleeping peacefully on the sofa when I left:eek:. Well, you can guess the rest.

Wow. I wonder if RCI runs background checks on employees who are privy to such sensitive information? I know that every criminal has to start their career somewhere, but it would be nice if they were vetted a little bit, anyway...
From the Sun Sentinel link, "Sandoval's criminal history shows an arrest on forgery and larceny charges in 1994, according to state records."

I don't know why everyone is surprised. These boards are full of roll calls indicating exactly when and how long we will be away from our homes. If you are foolish enough to give personal identifying information about yourselves you are asking for trouble.

Archived