Island Marketing Tours- Dune Buggy Tour

code_d

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone done this tour or used Island Marketing? We will be in Cozumel on the Carnival Triumph Jan 13, 2009 and are considering booking this.:rolleyes:

I will be going on this tour in September. I will be happy to give the information on this tour when i get back.

We did the dune buggy excursion and loved it. You drive around the perimeter of part of the island. We stopped for lunch at a beautiful beach. It was one of our favorite excursions when we first went to Cozumel. We are more familiar with the island now and want some new adventures.:D

We just went on this tour last week and used Island Marketing to book the tour.

There was 14 of us all together in 4 vehicles. We first stopped at a beach for some snorkeling which my kids really enjoyed. The tour leader then took our pictures and we left for the next stop. Our next stop was at El Cedral where we got out and took pictures. There were some shops here but our guide recommended shopping at the pier instead. Our next stop was on the east side of the island where we took some pictures. From there we went to what our guide described as safe beach. (The previous stop was too rocky and the water to rough to swim or surf) This was still on the east side of the island. The guide had a boogie board for the kids to use. They surfed the waves while the guides made us our mexican lunch. We had guacomole, salsa, rice, tortillas and chicken. The chicken was barbecued and very good. After we ate we left and then drove around the rest of the island and headed back to the port. We passed Chen Rio and Coconuts. I am sure we could have stopped there but we did not have time.

Your tour could vary from ours. Some things to keep in mind: we arrived 3 hours late to Cozumel due to tropical wave/Hurricane Dolly. The tour co split the tour that day to accomodate our group. I was impressed that they waited for us to arrive and made adjustments for us. We also did not go on the tour in dune buggies but in 70's model VW Beetle convertibles. I am not sure what the whole story was there but something about new government regs on 4/2/08. However, the VW beetles are still fun to drive. Oh, I almost forgot, we did go to this open field area where we could do "donuts" in the cars. The kids really enjoyed this. They also kept coolers in all the vehicles and always made sure we had something to drink.

All in all everyone in our group had a really good time on this tour. The men of our group enjoyed driving the VW Beetles. The kids enjoyed the snorkeling and beach stop. It was a lot of fun and a great way to see Cozumel.

We did the dune buggy excursion and loved it. You drive around the perimeter of part of the island. We stopped for lunch at a beautiful beach. It was one of our favorite excursions when we first went to Cozumel. We are more familiar with the island now and want some new adventures.:D

ARE YOU AT YOUR OWN LEISURE OR DO YOU HAVE A DRIVER?

We had a driver who was in his own VW that led the tour and kept track of the time. He was constantly checking on us to see if we had any questions, needed anything and to make sure we were having a good time.

This has been one of our favorite excursions. We have actually done it twice, the second time with a bunch of family members. Always found we had a lot of laughs on this excursion. The lunch they serve is very good, they even gave us the recipe for the chicken. They also took us to the "tequila factory," if there is enough time available.

We did not book this through Island Marketing, but through another independent excursion company. I know they both use the same one, as we talked to someone that had used Island Marketing.

• 2 months later...

We used Island marketing for our Dune Buggy tour on Friday and let me tell you...it was a blast and worth every penny

the lunch was great (my wife wants the salsa recipe) beaches were great despite some rain...all and all a great time

We used Island marketing for our Dune Buggy tour on Friday and let me tell you...it was a blast and worth every penny

the lunch was great (my wife wants the salsa recipe) beaches were great despite some rain...all and all a great time

I actually e-mailed them and got the chicken receipe, as well as the Pico de Gallo and guacamole receipe. I can e-mail you the receipes or send you his e-mail address. Just let me know.

I actually e-mailed them and got the chicken receipe, as well as the Pico de Gallo and guacamole receipe. I can e-mail you the receipes or send you his e-mail address. Just let me know.

I wonder if others would be interested in the receipes.....I know I had a few friends that were.

would you mind posting the receipes on here?

Here you go...might be a little hard to read. It was all scrunched up when I got it.

Chicken Recipe

What you need:

1 whole chicken 1. Cut the whole chicken into pieces

½ cup lime juice 2. Mix all the ingredients except for chicken in blender until well mixed

½ cup pineapple juice 3. Poor mixture over chicken and let marinate for 30 minutes

2 ½ tsp salt 4. Grill chicken until fully cooked

A little less than a cup of water

½ oz of garlic

Pico de Gallo and Guacamole

What you need(4 servings) Pico De Gallo

4 avocados 1. Dice tomatoes and onion (make some to add to guacamole and keep some for the chips)

4 small plum tomatoes 2. Add lime juice to taste to tomatoes and onion

½ white onion 3. Chop cilantro and add as much for your liking to the onions and tomatoes

Cilantro ** If you like it spicy you can add the habanero here instead of the guacamole or one in each

Lime juice Guacamole

2 habanero chiles 1. Cut Avocados in half and scoop out the inside

Salt 2. Smash up the avocado and add salt to taste

** Hint: To prevent guacamole from 3. Add as much Pico De Gallo to avocados as you like

turning brown keep the pits and 4. Cut habaneros and add to the guacamole

add them when it has been mixed. 5. Taste and add a litte more salt or pico de gallo for your liking

Archived