ziplining - almonds and coral

larstick

:confused:

It takes about 1 1/2 hours and you travel about 2 miles from the main road to the beach, there are about 13 platforms...

Is this one two or two different operators? I just read a review from Wild1Apache and he seemed to refer to them as the same operator.

We will be on the Galaxy heading that way 12/30/04.

Thanks,

Snowey,

Almonds and Corals and Oscar Brown are not the same operators. Oscar Brown is an independent guide that will take you any where you want to go. He will transport you to Almonds and Corals, Tortugua Canals, Sloth Sanctuary,bananna plantation, grocery store etc. He is your TAXI (guide) for the day. He tailors your day to what your wants are and is completely separate from Almonds and Corals. I found out about him from the old boards from a lady that used him to transport her and her disabled husband around the area. Another CC member Cruiseayear used Oscar as well, and you will find great reviews from him as well. I was so taken by Oscar as he waited for us for 1 1/2 hours as our ship was delayed in Belize. He had others on our same tour aboard the Brilliance but he waited on us to dock. True to his word he was at the end of the pier with a big smile and a sign with my name on it. The amount Oscar charges varies I think as to what you want to do. It is just a guess, but I would think it varies because of the cost of fuel. Their prices we high in February..... I would hate to hear what they are now.

Almonds and Corals is a resort that has the zipline, or it is also called the Canopy tour/Crazy Monkey Ride. The tour is complete safe and is well run. The charge for the zipline was $40 in Feb 2004. When I first looked into doing this tour ,they(A & C), did not want to transport you. They have since added transportation to and from their resort. The cost is higher than what Oscar charges by about $5.00 per person.

IMHO our day with Oscar was magical. Some people that were on the Galaxy just got back and posted the same thing about their day with Oscar. He also carries water, sodas for you to drink in his van. We had to stop and get gas on our tour, he comes out of the station and hands all of us some local candy.

Colleen

Archived