Best part of Seven Mile Beach

dmjw

We spent a week there, and although we never went to Sea Grape, we drove past it numerous times. If we were to return to GC via a cruise ship again, I'd either rent a car and scoot to the other side of the island, or take a cab to Sea Grape. It really looks like a great place. There's food, shade, water toy rentals and chairs. Everything for a perfect time at the beach.

Everytime we drove by Sea Grape, there were cabs lined up waiting to take people back to the pier area. Just be sure and allow an hour or so to get back to the pier area. Sea Grape is at the far end of 7MB and the traffic along that stretch of road (and to the pier area) tends to get very congested, expecially if there are a lot of ships in port. If you get back to the pier area and have time to kill, there's lots of shops and restaurants.

I think I've read that the cabs are $5 per person each way. I've also read that the cabbies don't like to go all the way to Sea Grape since they get the same amount of money even if they drop you at a closer location. Be insistant if you want to go to Sea Grape. It really looked like a great place.

Is there any point to paying Carnival for a Beach Break excursion, or is it just as easy to get from the pier to Sea Grape on your own? Is it pretty easy/ affordable to rent chairs, etc. even you haven't booked the official excursion?

What does the beach break cost? I think I read that a cab is $5 per person each way. The ship excursions are almost always a lot more expensive.

I'd probably grab a cab, unless there are a lot of ships in port, but even so, there should be plenty. Their cabs are not like the regular yellow cabs. They are more like those little buses (at least the ones were that we saw). We did see a lot of cabs lined up at Sea Grape for the return to the port area. IMO, I'd go to Sea Grape. They may want to drop you somewhere else (since everyone pays the same amount of money, no matter where they are going). Sea Grape really looked nice. If we were to visit GC via cruise ship, we'd make a beeline to Sea Grape (or rent a car and head off to the other side of the island).

I don't know if or what they charge to rent chairs at Sea Grape. It's quite a large place, and even with a lot of ships in port, it really never looked that crowded to us (as we drove by).

Grand Cayman is an easy place to get around on your own. The biggest problem is the traffic. Sea Grape is at the far end of 7MB and traffic tends to get bunched up along that route, so allow an hour or so to get back to port. It may only take 15 minutes, and if that's the case, you can just explore around the port area. There's lots to do there.

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards anyway. (I'm not sure how much the excursion is yet, because my travel agent hasn't sent me our booking number and you need that to check excursion prices). I'm thinking that we'll be OK on our own.

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards anyway. (I'm not sure how much the excursion is yet, because my travel agent hasn't sent me our booking number and you need that to check excursion prices). I'm thinking that we'll be OK on our own.

You'll be fine. These cabs will make a beeline to drop off passengers and then come right back to pick up more. We always saw cabs waiting, regardless of how many ships were in port.

Have a great time! :)

We will be in Grand Cayman in a couple of weeks and would like to go to Sea Grape Beach. Is the area with the chairs, restrooms, ect a resort? Or what kind of place is it? What is the fee to use the facilities? Is there signs to say we're at Sea Grape? I want to make sure we get dropped off at the right place. Thanks

We will be in Grand Cayman in a couple of weeks and would like to go to Sea Grape Beach. Is the area with the chairs, restrooms, ect a resort? Or what kind of place is it? What is the fee to use the facilities? Is there signs to say we're at Sea Grape? I want to make sure we get dropped off at the right place. Thanks

There are chairs, restrooms, water sport rentals, and food. I don't know if there is a fee (we haven't been there but we drove by it any times). It seems like a really nice place. It's across the street from the Courtyard Marriott, I believe, and just past the new Ritz. I do think I remember seeing a sign.

I'm sure someone will come along (who has been there) with more specific details.

What exactly is Sea Grape? Is it a cafe, beach, resort? Thanks.

Sea Grape is a beach area that has food, restrooms, water sport rentals and chairs. It's a great place for someone who is visiting the island for a day to plop down and enjoy the beach/water. Or for someone who is staying on the island, but may not be staying on 7MB at one of the condos or hotels.

We stayed at a condo on 7MB, and although the beach is public, unless you were staying at our condo's, you couldn't use the chairs (they had guards who asked). We saw lots of cruisers (with their logo bags and towels) walking up and down the beach area.

I think some of the hotels offer day passes, but I don't know which ones. The problem with 7MB is that the hotels/condos pretty much run together down the entire stretch. There are public accesses every so many feet, but many times it's nothing more than a dirt path wedged between two properties.

I don't know if they charge you to use a chair at sea grape, we didn't go there, but it looked like a lovely place. It also had cabs lined up at the entrance, which is nice.

If we ever visit GC again on a cruise ship...I'd go to Sea Grape. :)

Archived