*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Welcome to The ALL NEW Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group!!! :D If you enjoy watching ships arrive and depart on the Galveston.com webcams, you have come to the right place! If you have never heard of the Galveston Cruise Cam, here is the link: http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

This is the thread we will be using for the 2011/2012 season.

Who wants to be a part of our new group? Join today! :) Don't forget about the signature pictures I made. Have fun! :D

107521667_Galveston2.jpg.4bd95c920f1fefebabb2e754ba4bc9cc.jpg

Texa20Sticker.jpg.6cec2c10697360a5edacb8779bba3e92.jpg

I agree, we much prefer the Mariner over the Voyager. I do hope Australia enjoys the Voyager.

Thanks for starting the new thread. I need my daily fix of this group. I checked the other thread every day but didn't really participate. This is a wonderful group of people.

Sherry

I see Voyager is headed down under. Seems like a recurring theme to send our ships there. This time we get a quick replacement and a better one in my opinion. JMHO

I heard it here first. I'd be happy to try Mariner since I've already been on Voyager I wonder if this is the first ship that size to go to Australia?

Break in a RCI ship, teach the crew how to smile, then send the ship to Australia! We did so with Rhapsody, now Voyager!

Dear RCI....we will glady do the same for Mariner....just leave her here for more than a few months a go and we will promise to do a really good job!

Texas Teen, way to go! Stay on top of this thread...now, how fast do we get it up to 5,900 posts?

Break in a RCI ship, teach the crew how to smile, then send the ship to Australia! We did so with Rhapsody, now Voyager!

Dear RCI....we will glady do the same for Mariner....just leave her here for more than a few months a go and we will promise to do a really good job!

Texas Teen, way to go! Stay on top of this thread...now, how fast do we get it up to 5,900 posts?

I hadn't heard they were sending Voyager to Australia! When???

Glad to see the new thread! :)

I read it was being deployed to China. So I guess it is only going to do one winter in New Orleans then?

I am anxious to get on Mariner in March!

Where did you read about China? I couldn't find anything about either China or Australia. Hmmm...

Not surprised and very glad to see Voyager in Australia. :D Fares are VERY high in Australia. Radiance and Rhapsody have the highest fares of any ship in the fleet this upcoming winter. Glad they are pulling Voyager out of Europe for Asia in the summer, too. Looks like they finally realized fares are too low to keep Voyager in Venice! ($399 for some 7 nighters) Now if only they could pull out another low performing ship or two from Europe for the Caribbean in the summer, with one sailing from Galveston. :)

Lisa - yes the drive is about 5.5 depending on your stops, traffic, part of town etc. I'm surprised they have only committed to NOLA for one season - maybe they will move another ship there. Who knows.

Thank you Dylan for starting the New Version. Although I think the old one is still alive........for now.

firefighter - your mission is to come back and post all sorts of intel on Mariner. Your cruise will be the only one I can get info on since we are on the 11/27 sailing. Since half the fun of planning is hearing all about who/what/when on board, I'm going to be dancing around in anticipation when the 11/11 sailing returns. :D We've been on Mariner but I'm curious as to what the entertainment will be and if they will still do the jambalaya cookoff and chili cookoff. I hope that RCI realizes how important it has become to all of the regular Texas cruisers to see the effort Voyager and Rhapsody made to the local "flavor".

Dylan, thanks for starting the new thread. Wonder when and if the old one will go POOF.

We turn platinum after one day on the Mariner in Jan. We'll probably book another cruise on board for 2013. With all the new ships sailing out of Galveston, maybe the rates will be more competitive. I would hate to get used to Mariner and then have RCI place her halfway around the world like they did with Rhapsody.

I heard it here first. I'd be happy to try Mariner since I've already been on Voyager I wonder if this is the first ship that size to go to Australia?

the travel agent industry article I read said that it is the largest ship ewver to be based in Australia

I read it was being deployed to China. So I guess it is only going to do one winter in New Orleans then?

I am anxious to get on Mariner in March!

it goes to China from Europe and then goes to Australia from China. Legend will stay in Asia as well.

Not surprised and very glad to see Voyager in Australia. :D Fares are VERY high in Australia. Radiance and Rhapsody have the highest fares of any ship in the fleet this upcoming winter. Glad they are pulling Voyager out of Europe for Asia in the summer, too. Looks like they finally realized fares are too low to keep Voyager in Venice! ($399 for some 7 nighters) Now if only they could pull out another low performing ship or two from Europe for the Caribbean in the summer, with one sailing from Galveston. :)

boy don't I know about the high fares in Australioa. we are booked on the transpacific from Sydney to Honolulu next April.

The article stated that RCI will still have 12 ships in Europe, so some ship will apparently replace VY in Europe!

I am hoping that all of the new activity with different cruise lines in Galveston will get RCI off high center and get them to give us back a full time ship. I'm hoping, but not holding my breath. I wonder which--Rhapsody or RAdiance or either, will leave Australia.

Thanks for starting this Dylan.

Archived