Breakfast in NOLA

jb72

I'm taking my son and wife to NOLA on Sunday morning. He wants to get to the port around 9:30 a.m., dropping off their luggage then go out for breakfast. My 2 questions:

- will we be able to drop off the luggage as early ad 9:30?

- any breakfast joints near the port?

I'm taking my son and wife to NOLA on Sunday morning. He wants to get to the port around 9:30 a.m., dropping off their luggage then go out for breakfast. My 2 questions:

- will we be able to drop off the luggage as early ad 9:30?

- any breakfast joints near the port?

I don't know the answer to the luggage question but yes, there are plenty of places to eat close to the port.

Will you be walking or driving? If driving, you could wait with the luggage. Are you talking a full breakfast? You can enter the cruise terminal through the Riverwalk Mall. I know they have the Cafe Dumonde there. In order to get to the walkway to crusie terminal you have to go up to second floor and all the way to the opposite of end of the food court. There's a sign to the left of the Food Museum.

Not sure about luggage, but you can probably hit Cafe DuMonde and be back in time. If you dont want to risk running out of time by going to the original location all the way in the French Quarter (only a few minute taxi ride, or a 20min walk) there is a location in the Riverwalk Mall (only a few minutes walk away).

Gotta do beignets if youre looking for breakfast in NOLA.

If you dont want to do the touristy beignet thing, I highly recommend Ruby Slipper's downtown location at 200 magazine st. (not as close as CDM in the Riverwalk, but closer than CDM in the French Quarter)

http://www.therubyslippercafe.net/

I would absolutely do Cafe Du Monde. If it is your first time in Nola, then take the extra few minutes to hit the original in the French Quarter. Another great breakfast spot is Brennan's. It is pricey but well worth it.

(lived there 17 years)

I don't think you can drop off your luggage before hand, but I could be wrong. As far as some place to eat I highly recommend Cafe Du Monde. It is in the French Quarter. It's a really neat place and very historic. Go there have some beignets.

I would absolutely do Cafe Du Monde. If it is your first time in Nola, then take the extra few minutes to hit the original in the French Quarter. Another great breakfast spot is Brennan's. It is pricey but well worth it.

(lived there 17 years)

My wife and I still talk about our Brennan's breakfast experience. 3 course super gourmet breakfast with cocktail pairings (Brandy Milk Punch, etc) and table side flambe of bananas foster! Be warned, the full treatment knocked us back $135 with 20% tip for breakfast, just 2 of us! I recommend the Eggs Hussarde. It's a short cab ride to the French Quarter on Royal Street.

I don't think you can drop off your luggage before hand, but I could be wrong. As far as some place to eat I highly recommend Cafe Du Monde. It is in the French Quarter. It's a really neat place and very historic. Go there have some beignets.

You can, but not sure at 9:30 - might be a tad early

And there is a CdM in the Riverwalk Mall.

You might also want to remember if you are sailing from NOLA that day, the ship just disembarked and LOTS of those folks that just arrived back are on a beignet hunt too. But you really should go either pre or post cruise. If you're spending some time there you could go at a time other than breakfast. They're 24/7. Don't wear black.

Archived