corkscrew in carryon??

coastie mom

Yeah, on a plane there's no way, but on the ship it's cool. After all, they pass out steak knives and you can buy or bring all sorts of things that could potentially be a weapon. The difference between a ship and a plane is that there's just no easy way to hijack a cruise ship, and no real reason for the criminally inclined to do so in the first place. Corkscrew away, and happy sailing.

I know each and every TSA agent interprets the rules their own way but according to the TSA blog website corkscrews are allowed:

"Corkscrews are a little tricky, but also permitted. Let's be clear, corkscrews without knives. We know many corkscrews have the little knife that help cut the metal wrapping on a bottle, those are not allowed, but the little corkscrews with no knife are. Clear? No? Let's try this.

Fancy schmancy corkscrews with knives, no. Cheap corkscrews with no knife, yes."

For more info go to: http://blog.tsa.gov/2009/05/tsa-urban-legends-nail-clippers.html

Anyway, that's the info for the airlines. You'll have no trouble at all taking it on the ship.

In October we packed a small travel corkscrew in our checked luggage. The luggage was searched but nothing was confiscated. I think they searched it because it had drink mixers in it, which I am sure looked like liquor bottles on the x-ray.

Archived