What type of food is there for kids on the Jewel and how is the food?

I've read so many postings on this site about the food, more good than bad, but quite a number of bad reviews on the food.

In the postings that I have read no one really discussed the quality of the food on the kid's menu.

My nephew is really picky. He mostly eats chicken cutlets and roast pork. He loves his salads as long as it is only lettuce, tomato and cucumbers and he must have Italian dressing. He will eat spaghetti or macaroni with meatballs, but not too often. He likes pizza and chicken nuggets, but he is very picky about them.

How would you rate the kid's food on the Jewel?

Does NCL allow you to bring your own food onboard such as chips, peanuts, etc?

You can bring snack chips and such.

There is plenty for the kid to eat. It would be a good opportunity to introduce him to some new foods as well.

If he is a fan of Italian sald dressing such as from the grocery, he will not like the Italian onbaord NCL. It is red and very weird. I'm not a fan of it.

I've read so many postings on this site about the food, more good than bad, but quite a number of bad reviews on the food.

In the postings that I have read no one really discussed the quality of the food on the kid's menu.

My nephew is really picky. He mostly eats chicken cutlets and roast pork. He loves his salads as long as it is only lettuce, tomato and cucumbers and he must have Italian dressing. He will eat spaghetti or macaroni with meatballs, but not too often. He likes pizza and chicken nuggets, but he is very picky about them.

How would you rate the kid's food on the Jewel?

Does NCL allow you to bring your own food onboard such as chips, peanuts, etc?

You can bring chips, etc on board, but with all the food available I can't imagine anyone bothering. As for the kids menu, they have things like chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, you know kid type of things or he can just order what looks good on the adult menu. He can order salad with just lettuce and tomato. I am not sure anyone can rate the kids food anyplace. Kids food is not like adult food.

I can tell you what I would say if my kid was that picky, but you didn't ask me about that and it really isn't my business. Let's just put it this way, he won't starve.

Nita

We had no problem with the food on the Jewel. Having a 12 year old who is very picky in fact more of a food snob with us was interesting and he found the Pizza in Mama's good and found lots of chicken strips etc in the Blue Lagoon which is open 24 hours and a sit down restaurant in fact blue lagoon is pure comfort food

If he liked it, we knew it was good

You are on a cruise ship! There is more food and selections than you can possibly imagine! My kids have NEVER had a problem finding something to eat and usually are so excited to try everything...they have to choose carefully, cause their plates are overflowing...;) No worries! The "food" issue is so ridiculous...just ck out the other threads on the issue, they are on-going and I have NEVER had bad food on any ship!! :D Cruise lines don't stay in business with horrible food! If you are in the MDR and you don't care for what they have, ask for something, they will do whatever it takes to please you...That has been my experience.

You are on a cruise ship! There is more food and selections than you can possibly imagine! My kids have NEVER had a problem finding something to eat and usually are so excited to try everything...they have to choose carefully, cause their plates are overflowing...;) No worries! The "food" issue is so ridiculous...just ck out the other threads on the issue, they are on-going and I have NEVER had bad food on any ship!! :D Cruise lines don't stay in business with horrible food! If you are in the MDR and you don't care for what they have, ask for something, they will do whatever it takes to please you...That has been my experience.

To add on to this persons comment that you can order something even if it is not on the menu... I am the pickiest eater alive! .. seriously i am! If there is something your kid likes on one of the nights of the cruise, don't hesitate to ask for it again the next night even if it is not on the menu.. More times than not they will be happy to prepare it for you. I remember when I was 12 and on my first cruise there was veal parm one night and I asked for a plain veal cutlet. It was so good I asked if they could make it for me the second night. After that our wonderful waiter always had one in the kitchen waiting for me for the remainding nights of the cruise. It was the only thing i ate for a week! As people have said earlier, the staff will usually go out of their way to make you happy.

Archived