Oasis- Hairspray show

I was able to reserve all the entertainment except Hairspray. Is it because it is fully booked? or this is something we have to reserve once onboard?

Thanks,

Tibby

They also hold back space for booking onboard. You can use your tv to book or go to a designated area to book at select times. It was at On Air when we were onboard a few years ago. I didn't prebook any shows! I hadn't found CC yet and didn't know anything. Need to go back on Oasis now that I know more about the ship from reading the reviews. Maybe someday soon!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Show was pretty bad and we left halfway through

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That is interesting to read. Was it that the show wasn't to your taste or was the acting bad?

I was able to reserve all the entertainment except Hairspray. Is it because it is fully booked? or this is something we have to reserve once onboard?

Thanks,

Tibby

Try going to Studio B as soon as you board to get a reservation.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Show was pretty bad and we left halfway through

That is interesting to read. Was it that the show wasn't to your taste or was the acting bad?

I am also curious as every review I've read said that Hairspray was fantastic. I actually wasn't interested in seeing it until I read all of the great reviews (DH wanted to see it, so we would have gone anyway).

What he said. lol, this one was tough to sit through. I was in the middle of a row, or i would of left also . I have tolerated most shows ,but this one really didnt appeal to me. Didint like the singing mostly.

Wow we were on Oasis a year ago and really enjoyed the show. I thought the acting was good and the singing very good. I remember one of the cast had been on American Idol that made it to the top 10.

I

How often does the cast change?

What he said. lol, this one was tough to sit through. I was in the middle of a row, or i would of left also . I have tolerated most shows ,but this one really didnt appeal to me. Didint like the singing mostly.

Let me start by saying that It is a very subjective situation and everyone's view as to how they liked or disliked the show is valid. But I have to say that we sailed Oasis twice and the first time we didn't like Hairspray but thought maybe it was just the night we went. So we kept an open mind on the second sailing and unfortunately had the same opinion.

So after the two experiences, we both thought that it was one of the worst RCI shows we've seen. Maybe we just didn't care for the story line, but it also seemed quite over-sung and over-acted to us. But again, just our opinion, and to be fair, we also were with people who liked it. So it is a very individual thing.

DH and I are looking forward to it, because we both like 60's music and campy stuff in general. If this isn't your cup of tea, you probably won't like it either. ;)

I'm prebooking one of everything that is included! We don't have to keep the reservations if something else comes up, but I don't want to miss something I would have enjoyed because it was full.

Let me start by saying that It is a very subjective situation and everyone's view as to how they liked or disliked the show is valid. But I have to say that we sailed Oasis twice and the first time we didn't like Hairspray but thought maybe it was just the night we went. So we kept an open mind on the second sailing and unfortunately had the same opinion.

So after the two experiences, we both thought that it was one of the worst RCI shows we've seen. Maybe we just didn't care for the story line, but it also seemed quite over-sung and over-acted to us. But again, just our opinion, and to be fair, we also were with people who liked it. So it is a very individual thing.

Then you must have thought that either the show was really bad or you haven't seen that many RCI shows. As I have seen some RCI shows, more than once, that I absolutely could not stand. :eek:

Then you must have thought that either the show was really bad or you haven't seen that many RCI shows. As I have seen some RCI shows, more than once, that I absolutely could not stand. :eek:

Been cruising with RCI for 20 years+ and seen many, many shows. But again, please re-read my disclaimer in my prior post regarding the subjectivity of any type of comment - in this case regarding a singular show. It was just our opinion.

Obviously there are many valid differing opinions - including yours. I cannot challenge your perspective regarding other shows - just as you shouldn't challenge mine. Apparently you think others were worse, which to you they were - no argument on my part.

And yes, we did not like this show and to us it was among the worst - and there of course have been others that we not so great. But again, that is only our opinion.

But unfortunately this thread has been somewhat hijacked from the OP's original question - which was not regarding opinions on the show. Crusing71 - I hope you got your original question answered and enjoy your cruise and all the shows!

Been cruising with RCI for 20 years+ and seen many, many shows. But again, please re-read my disclaimer in my prior post regarding the subjectivity of any type of comment - in this case regarding a singular show. It was just our opinion.

Obviously there are many valid differing opinions - including yours. I cannot challenge your perspective regarding other shows - just as you shouldn't challenge mine. Apparently you think others were worse, which to you they were - no argument on my part.

And yes, we did not like this show and to us it was among the worst - and there of course have been others that we not so great. But again, that is only our opinion.

But unfortunately this thread has been somewhat hijacked from the OP's original question - which was not regarding opinions on the show. Crusing71 - I hope you got your original question answered and enjoy your cruise and all the shows!

Geeze, I wasn't questioning your opinion at all. Did I not start my post with "you must have thought the show was really bad?" My post was much more meant to mean that I, too, have seen some pretty crappy RCI shows.

I guess my meaning did not come though on my original post.

Geeze, I wasn't questioning your opinion at all. Did I not start my post with "you must have thought the show was really bad?" My post was much more meant to mean that I, too, have seen some pretty crappy RCI shows.

I guess my meaning did not come though on my original post.

Yeah - sorry - re-read your original post and get it now with your explanation here. :o:D We too have seen our share of less than terrific shows......:)

Archived