Zuiderdam 3-28-05 mini review

jaxson

Sailed with another couple and their 14 yo daughter, my wife our daughter and I were in Suite # 7057 ( directly across from the Neptune Lounge). Our friends were in #7059 next door, so we had Hasan our wonderful steward open up the verandahs and we enjoyed the largest verandah on board!

There were 400+ teens & children on board, not your normal HAL experiance. But not a bad experiance, most of the kids were well behaved.

POSITIVES:

-Neptune Lounge & Cecille & Irene taking care of our every need.....well almost :-)

-Yellow Cabana on Half Moon Cay - DO NOT drink rum all day and go on the banana boat ride!!!

- Pinnicle Grill

- All the quiet places to relax even with a " totally full ship".

- The service from all areas of the ship's staff.

- Food in the Vista was very nice, with a good selection.

- Gourmet wine tasting in the Pinnicle

NEGATIVES:

- Sauna in the Thermal area was broken all week as was the public Men's Sauna..Leslie the Spa Manager did not seem to give a HOOT! She said she would adjust our bill, I am still waiting.

- Deserts...looked great tasted blah

In Summary- a very good experiance!

I will be happy to answer any questions!

Cheers

One more cudo that I neglected to mention, that was our waiter Sri at table #59 which was an aft table by the window on the upper level of the Vista. And our wine steward Jerry who was also a pleasure!

Cheers

We had a wonderful day at our cabana. It included all the soft drinks and water you would need, chips with salsa and guacamole, a lovely fruit platter and 2 cabana boys ( bartenders from the ship) who would get whatever we requested from the very distant bar. We like the yellow cabana because it is far enough down the beach that it is very uncrowded.

Also included were water mats, snorkel gear and in the cabana is a fan, air conditioner and a refrigerator. On the deck are lounge chairs and misters! Plus your own shower.

Worth it? yes imho

Jax,

Thanks for the review. We've booked the Turquiose cabana. You mentioned that the Yellow cabana was more quiet. Is the Turquiose in a crowded area? I know it's close to rest rooms, etc But...is it a heavy traffic area? I want location convenience but don't wish to be surrounded by loads of people.

The turquoise cabana is in a rather busy area so if it's seclusion you are after, I would pick one further down the beach. The green one has always been a favourite of mine but the pink, purple, yellow, or terracotta cabanas are the ones I would seriously look at. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived