Guavaberry recipies HELP!!

ehrlichpuppy

Not sure if this is the right board or not but I thought I would try. In 2003 (I think) when I was in St Martin with my daughter, we bought some guavaberry & attached to the bottle were some recipies for various foods-in particular french toast. Back in January DH & I were there again & got another bottle but the recepies are no longer available. I have checked online including the guavaberry website, but can't seem to find any recipies except drink recipies. If anyone can help me find the recipies - either a link or if you have them & would be willing to email or send them to me I would greatly appreciate it!! I tried to make it from memory this morning & it wasn't right

Thanking you in advance

Illene

• 2 weeks later...

I remember guavaberry liqueur from my last visit to St Martin and loved it, but never used it in cooking. I just drank it!:D Just love the taste though. I am going to St Martin again next year on my cruise. Would you consider sharing the recipe? Pretty please!:):):)

Here it is

Guavaberry French Toast

Combine 4 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 3 oz guavaberry, 1/2 oz sugar, dash vanilla & beat well. Soak sliced bread. Heat 1 oz butter in pan, cook both sides until brown. Dust with powdered sugar & cinnimon & nutmeg to taste.

You might want to check at the store to see if they have the recipe booklets- there were other recipies too. I was unable to leave the ship in St Martin because we were tendered there & my DH did the shopping & didn't think to ask for it when it wasn't attached to the bottle.

• 1 month later...

Archived