The Oasis & Lotus Day Spa

The Oasis

Would love to here more about this area. Is this adults only area? Is there a cost to use this area and is it a per day/per cruise charge?

If there is a charge, what is included in the price?

Is this a popular area with adults?

Lotus Day Spa

I haven't used a day spa before onboard a cruise ship but am interested in perhaps a treatment or two on my next cruise.

Does anyone have a price list for the day spa onboard Pacific Jewel?

Are there any treatments that are must-do's?

Thanks in advance! :)

The Oasis

Would love to here more about this area. Is this adults only area? Is there a cost to use this area and is it a per day/per cruise charge?

there is no cost to use it, but there is a bar that you have to pay for what ever you buy, that same all the other bars on board.

The Oasis

Luckie, there is no longer a charge for this area, but it is still a child-free area, although I don't know how strict they are about it. They have kept the lounge coverings and the bar service.

On our last cruise we were mostly able to get a lounge, however it was fairly windy so not always nice to sit out there. I think it would be used more if the weather was really nice.

Lotus Day Spa

I haven't used a day spa before onboard a cruise ship but am interested in perhaps a treatment or two on my next cruise.

I think the prices are pretty expensive but they do have specials from time to time. From what I've seen, the Lotus Spa is pretty popular. Sorry, I don't have the prices.

Lotus Day Spa

A few prices as examples (from the Pacific Daily)

VIP Thermal Pass - unlimited acess throughout the cruise to steam room, saunas, relaxation room and hydration room - $198 pp or $299 couples pass.

Oxydermal facial - $18 for 50 mins

3 short treatments for $139 - E.g Foot massage, scalp massage, body scrub etc.

Full body araomatherapy plus facial - 75 mins for $151.

Body blitz - lime and ginger exfoliation plus aromatherapy neck and shoulders and foot massage - 50 minutes for $129.

The treatment rooms for facials are a bit antiseptic despite the excellent view - that's a bit of a waste, when you are lying either face down or with cotton pads on your eyes. I had an excellent manicure with shellac nails that lasted the full two weeks. The day spa is run by the same group that does the spas on Princess and uses the same Elemis products. I have more experience on Princess but it all seems much the same. Their Ginger and Lime scrub is very good. I can recommend the all over body treatments, wraps and scrubs with a relaxing aromoatherapy massage and / or facial to finish off the relaxation part. Scalp massages are relaxing - the "choose three you like" deals are fun to try out something different. The treatments are expensive but comparable with high end spas on shore. The special deals are advertised in the Daily and are best on a shore day, but there were some on sea days as well - get in early to book. One warning - the beauticians are encoraged to sell, sell, sell the products so be prepared for your session to end with a smiling but quite hard sell for products that will cost you at least twice what you are paying for your treatment. I am not put off by this as I understand why - they get a commission on sales and score very few tips on the Australian run ships. Quality of the operators does vary but uisually good.

I save up for a bit of luxury each cruise and enjoy the indulgence!

Cheers Colleen

there is no cost to use it, but there is a bar that you have to pay for what ever you buy, that same all the other bars on board.

Thanks Thied for the information and great to know there is a bar nearby :)

Luckie, there is no longer a charge for this area, but it is still a child-free area, although I don't know how strict they are about it. They have kept the lounge coverings and the bar service.

On our last cruise we were mostly able to get a lounge, however it was fairly windy so not always nice to sit out there. I think it would be used more if the weather was really nice.

I think the prices are pretty expensive but they do have specials from time to time. From what I've seen, the Lotus Spa is pretty popular. Sorry, I don't have the prices.

Thanks Sandy, glad to hear it is still child free :)

A few prices as examples (from the Pacific Daily)

VIP Thermal Pass - unlimited acess throughout the cruise to steam room, saunas, relaxation room and hydration room - $198 pp or $299 couples pass.

Oxydermal facial - $18 for 50 mins

3 short treatments for $139 - E.g Foot massage, scalp massage, body scrub etc.

Full body araomatherapy plus facial - 75 mins for $151.

Body blitz - lime and ginger exfoliation plus aromatherapy neck and shoulders and foot massage - 50 minutes for $129.

The treatment rooms for facials are a bit antiseptic despite the excellent view - that's a bit of a waste, when you are lying either face down or with cotton pads on your eyes. I had an excellent manicure with shellac nails that lasted the full two weeks. The day spa is run by the same group that does the spas on Princess and uses the same Elemis products. I have more experience on Princess but it all seems much the same. Their Ginger and Lime scrub is very good. I can recommend the all over body treatments, wraps and scrubs with a relaxing aromoatherapy massage and / or facial to finish off the relaxation part. Scalp massages are relaxing - the "choose three you like" deals are fun to try out something different. The treatments are expensive but comparable with high end spas on shore. The special deals are advertised in the Daily and are best on a shore day, but there were some on sea days as well - get in early to book. One warning - the beauticians are encoraged to sell, sell, sell the products so be prepared for your session to end with a smiling but quite hard sell for products that will cost you at least twice what you are paying for your treatment. I am not put off by this as I understand why - they get a commission on sales and score very few tips on the Australian run ships. Quality of the operators does vary but uisually good.

I save up for a bit of luxury each cruise and enjoy the indulgence!

Cheers Colleen

Thanks Colleen for the prices! The prices don't sound too bad, would be nice to have a treatment or two to indulge.

Thanks for the recommendation on the all over body treatments, sound like something I would love to give a try.

Does the day spa book out easily?

Not sure whether they book out quickly or not. Just be ready for the upsells when you go (you have a facial then they try to sell you all these different creams and moisturizers, or you have a massage and they sell you massage oils, etc). I knew it was coming because I'd heard about it on here (so I was ready to say no), but my other half had no idea and got totally sucked in to buying hundreds of dollars of stuff we just didn't need (we came back early December and none of it's been used yet).

It really put me off going to the spa again. I had a facial done, and after the upsell, ended up cancelling my massage for the next day.

On the last 3 cruises we went on, the Oasis areas were child free. All the lounges and chairs were fairly marked and dirty. The spas were grotty. They have let the area slide and don't take care of it as well as when you paid. The staff are still lovely and are there to help you. This is on both the Sun and the Jewel. I suppose in time they will find another use for the areas.

Not sure whether they book out quickly or not. Just be ready for the upsells when you go (you have a facial then they try to sell you all these different creams and moisturizers, or you have a massage and they sell you massage oils, etc). I knew it was coming because I'd heard about it on here (so I was ready to say no), but my other half had no idea and got totally sucked in to buying hundreds of dollars of stuff we just didn't need (we came back early December and none of it's been used yet).

It really put me off going to the spa again. I had a facial done, and after the upsell, ended up cancelling my massage for the next day.

I don't mind if they do try to sell their products, but am not keen on the had sell. That's the last thing you want after a relaxing massage! Think I may just do the one treatment on one of the last sea days.

On the last 3 cruises we went on, the Oasis areas were child free. All the lounges and chairs were fairly marked and dirty. The spas were grotty. They have let the area slide and don't take care of it as well as when you paid. The staff are still lovely and are there to help you. This is on both the Sun and the Jewel. I suppose in time they will find another use for the areas.

Glad to hear they were child free but not glad to hear they were dirty. I would rather have a clean area and lounges/chairs, and pay to use the area.

Do you have any photos of Oasis on PJ you wouldn't mind sharing? :)

Archived