Great day at Grand Turk Inn

betonic

I was just on the Westerdam and had the pleasure of organizing a great group of CC people to spend the day at the Grand Turk Inn. When I originally started planning I was hoping to get a group that would be about 6 people, in the end we were 14!

We all met on the dock at 9am and got in two taxis to the Inn. If I remember correctly we paid $7 each for the ride. The nice thing is that the taxi drivers gave us a running commentary about the highlights of the Island. We were actually joking that we saw all of what the cruise ship's city tour offered but in 15 minutes.

When we arrived at the Inn we were greeted by Sandy and she had a guest room open for us to keep our things and for anyone that needed to change. She also had out beach mats, tubes, umbrellas, floats ready to take over to the beach. The beach is beautiful beyond words and the best part is that we were the only ones on it. We spent all morning lounging on the beach and in the water and at 12:00 we headed back to the breezeway of the Inn for lunch.

Katrina (Sandy's sister) prepared the most amazing lunch, including stuffed tomatoes and pea pods, sandwiches, salads and the worlds best key lime pies. Sodas and water were included and some nice guys from our group walked to a little shop for a bottle of rum.

I can't recomend enough spending your day with Sandy and Katrina at the Grand Turk Inn. This is my second time at the Inn and I would go again tomorrow. I found this place the first time with a CC group that was organized by Donna. If you're around, "Thanks Donna" for turning me on to such a great place.

Nicole,

You captured much of the charm of the Grand Turk Inn (GTI) in your post. Again, thanks for arranging the excursion, and for convincing Sandy to accept our group of 14 - we would not have only missed a great morning/afternoon, we would have missed out on meeting some fantastic people (you included)!!! The excursion to the GTI set the tone for the rest of our cruise, and we ended up spending much of the rest of the cruise with the great friends we got to know in the water, on the beach, and around the lunch table at the GTI.

For anyone that goes to the GTI, if you dare to walk to the north (I think it was to the north), you'll stumble upon some interesting things, including most of the local government buildings, the library, some small local establishments (bar, store, etc.), and the plaque identifying the spot where Christopher Columbus first landed in the New World. You'll also note many dogs lounging under vehicles to escape the heat.

To all who spend time at the Grand Turk Inn, you are in for a treat - prepare to relax and enjoy the good life.

Thanks again Nicole!!!

Howard (& Gayle)

Ohhh, I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Yes, we had the best time at the INN with our CC group. Many thanks to Nicole for setting it up and creating friendships that will last a lifetime! The private beach and delicious lunch were definitely the highlight of our cruise with the exception of the adult comedy show, private charter sailing/snorkeling in St. Thomas, sneaking into the pool at the Marriott, playing in the Newlywed game...I guess we had alot of highlights didn't we???

This was by far the best cruise to date, can't wait till we meet again!

The cost for GTI was $40 plus tax per person. This price included use of their instalations, lunch, sodas and waters. You can bring your own wine if you want.

If you have more specific questions send Sandy an e-mail and I'm sure that she'll be happy to answer all of them.

Archived