Cabo ?'s

twinklen01

Leaving in 2 days to cabo. We have no idea what to do in this port. We will be with our 13DD. Dh said we can do a tour whale watching. He mentioned pez cato ? Any thoughts on that tour co? I asked dd and she said she doesnt want to go on that tour or see whales. When she was younger she didnt want to go to sea world because she was scared of the whales in the tank. She said she was scared the tank would break-weird:confused:

anyways we are kick back people. Shopping would be good. Where from the cruise do we go to do some inexpensive shopping?

Would also like to eat some good tacos and maybe walk along the beach and eat at some places on the beach(beach with bathrooms please:)). Somewhere family friendly no party people. It would be nice to sit , eat and drink and let dd play in the water or layout.

I know caletas is popular but out of our budget but we dont want to be locked into time frames.

Any must sees/sightseeing in cabo? I'm truly lost what to do but want it to be nice and not bored. I booked this cruise when it was scheduled to go to mazat. This will be our 1st cruise doing the MR .

Thank for any help

We were in Cabo just a little over a week ago and found a fabulous guide/tour operator/driver of whom will drive you anywhere, show you all of Cabos and San Jose etc... If you're interested I'd be more than happy to give you his name, rates, email etc.... Just let me know!

Leaving in 2 days to cabo. We have no idea what to do in this port. We will be with our 13DD. Dh said we can do a tour whale watching. He mentioned pez cato ? Any thoughts on that tour co? I asked dd and she said she doesnt want to go on that tour or see whales. When she was younger she didnt want to go to sea world because she was scared of the whales in the tank. She said she was scared the tank would break-weird:confused:

anyways we are kick back people. Shopping would be good. Where from the cruise do we go to do some inexpensive shopping?

Would also like to eat some good tacos and maybe walk along the beach and eat at some places on the beach(beach with bathrooms please:)). Somewhere family friendly no party people. It would be nice to sit , eat and drink and let dd play in the water or layout.

I know caletas is popular but out of our budget but we dont want to be locked into time frames.

Any must sees/sightseeing in cabo? I'm truly lost what to do but want it to be nice and not bored. I booked this cruise when it was scheduled to go to mazat. This will be our 1st cruise doing the MR .

Thank for any help

I believe Caletas is in Puerto Vallarta. In Cabo, you can get a water taxi (glass bottom) to take you to Lands End, then to Medano Beach for around 8 to 10 dollars per person. Medano has a full range of bars and restaurants from wild to mild. There are lots of places to shop in town, and not much of a walk from the pier. If you take the water taxi back from Medano and tell him you want to get off close to downtown, he may do it. Look for Househunter's posts to see which places on Medano will suit your tastes.

If you want some good tacos, I suggest Taco Rico in the Plaza de los Mariachis. Prices are very reasonable (4 tacos and a drink for 84 pesos). The plaza is on the main street. When you get a map from the ship of the shopping areas, the Plaza will be on there (it is just past Diamonds Int'l).

There is a church that dates from the 1790's and a small museum of Baja CA's history that is only a few blocks away from the port.

If you want some good tacos, I suggest Taco Rico in the Plaza de los Mariachis. Prices are very reasonable (4 tacos and a drink for 84 pesos). The plaza is on the main street. When you get a map from the ship of the shopping areas, the Plaza will be on there (it is just past Diamonds Int'l).

There is a church that dates from the 1790's and a small museum of Baja CA's history that is only a few blocks away from the port.

Can we walk to these places or will we need to take a taxi?

All the eating and shopping places on Medano beach is all on the sand or is there a paved section to walk on. Taking a taxi to medano beach where is the best place to be dropped off at? I've never been there so not sure if its big or small area.Thanks

I think you mean Taco Loco. Even better is Gordo Leles which is just 2 blocks behind that Plaza.

Can we walk to these places or will we need to take a taxi?

All the eating and shopping places on Medano beach is all on the sand or is there a paved section to walk on. Taking a taxi to medano beach where is the best place to be dropped off at? I've never been there so not sure if its big or small area.Thanks

Cabo is very small and the entire town is walkable. There is only one road near Medano where the taxi will drop you off. You will be at the very beginning of the beach between Baja Cantina and the Office. You do have to walk on the sand which can be difficult because the beach is quite sloped and the sand is really course. From one end of the beach (Baja Cantina) to the very end (Tabascos) would be about a 10-15 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.

We were in Cabo just a little over a week ago and found a fabulous guide/tour operator/driver of whom will drive you anywhere, show you all of Cabos and San Jose etc... If you're interested I'd be more than happy to give you his name, rates, email etc.... Just let me know!

Could you please send me that info? Thank you!

I think you mean Taco Loco. Even better is Gordo Leles which is just 2 blocks behind that Plaza.

Thank you. I did mean Taco Loco. Found it to be much better than Gordo Leles. Food about the same in both places but Taco Loco seemed cleaner and you don't have to put up with Javier's mood swings.

Cabo is very small and the entire town is walkable. There is only one road near Medano where the taxi will drop you off. You will be at the very beginning of the beach between Baja Cantina and the Office. You do have to walk on the sand which can be difficult because the beach is quite sloped and the sand is really course. From one end of the beach (Baja Cantina) to the very end (Tabascos) would be about a 10-15 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.

We'll be at Baja Cantina on the 3rd thanks to all your help. Can the taxi driver take us right to it, or do we get taken to Medano Beach and then walk along the beach to get there?

Thank you!

Thank you. I did mean Taco Loco. Found it to be much better than Gordo Leles. Food about the same in both places but Taco Loco seemed cleaner and you don't have to put up with Javier's mood swings.

I keep hearing wonderful things about Gordo Leles but when i saw photos and the plastic on plates it changed my mind. I know picky me-lol!

We like to walk just a little ways down the pier to Soloman's Landing.

The food is very good and while it may not be the cheapest, the place is clean and very friendly staff. We get a table by the walkway and have a couple of beers, nachos and calamari and people watch.

It's fun to watch the guy at the restaurant next door trying to get tourist into his place.

We'll be at Baja Cantina on the 3rd thanks to all your help. Can the taxi driver take us right to it' date=' or do we get taken to Medano Beach and then walk along the beach to get there?

Thank you![/quote']

The only taxi drop off will be right at the Baja Cantina. Just turn right when you get to the beach and you will be right there. Have fun!

Could you please send me that info? Thank you!

I'd be happy to!

His name is Benjamin (Benjy) Sanchez

His email is:

benjytour@hotmail.com

Cell Phone:

044-669-142-8839

Cabo Tours- 2 hrs. $25/person

Cabo & San Jose- $35/person

His van can hold 15 passengers. And you can hire him for $50/hour, minimum 3 hours. (And yes you can barter with him)

I would suggest emailing him, he responds very quickly! He is very reliable, kind, honest and most of all knowledgeable.

Make sure you mention our names as he will take excellent care of you!

Catherine & Frank

I'd be happy to!

His name is Benjamin (Benjy) Sanchez

His email is:

benjytour@hotmail.com

Cell Phone:

044-669-142-8839

Cabo Tours- 2 hrs. $25/person

Cabo & San Jose- $35/person

His van can hold 15 passengers. And you can hire him for $50/hour, minimum 3 hours. (And yes you can barter with him)

I would suggest emailing him, he responds very quickly! He is very reliable, kind, honest and most of all knowledgeable.

Make sure you mention our names as he will take excellent care of you!

Catherine & Frank

Thank you! Is the $50 hour for a private tour? The per person is for a shared tour correct? Approx how long is the Cabo/San Jose tour?

Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you! Is the $50 hour for a private tour? The per person is for a shared tour correct? Approx how long is the Cabo/San Jose tour?

Thank you so much for your help!

Yes, the $50/hour is for a private tour.

Yes the per person is for a shared tour.

We did the Cabo/San Jose tour and it was just over 3 hours! Benjy had cold beers for us and as we wanted to have lunch at Cabo Wabo he dropped us off there and we enjoyed and hours lunch and then he picked us up and dropped us a the marina where we caught our tender. He was kind enough to take the other 4 people on the tour shopping! He is truly accomodating!

My pleasure!!! I have no doubt you will enjoy his tour and him as well!!! Let me know! And please pass on a big "Hello" from Catherine & Frank!

Haven't heard anything back yet. How long did it typically take for you to hear from him? TIA

Give it a few days he was taking some holidays with his family. Trust me he will get back to you ;)

Heard back from him today. He said to tell "Katty and Frank Hi" Going to try to work out the details with him since it may just be me and my husband. Do you have any photo's from the tour?

Thank you again for all of your help!

Heard back from him today. He said to tell "Katty and Frank Hi" Going to try to work out the details with him since it may just be me and my husband. Do you have any photo's from the tour?

Too cute!!! Glad you heard from him. I knew you would, and you won't be sorry.

I have a number of photos, just haven't uploaded them yet. As soon as I do I will email/message them to you:D

We took a glass bottom boat ride/tour out to the arch. We used a private company and it was super cheap! We were also the only ones on our boat, while the other boat full of Carnival excursion guests was packed full :). After that we walked a long way through town to get to the ME resort (just to see it). It was beautiful there and maybe next time we'll stay for the day. I wouldn't walk there again though. I felt a little unsafe, so next time I would take a taxi. After ME, we went to Billygan's and had a fun, college-type day on the beach with food, drinks, and games.

Archived